Thread: Diana G79 front sight

Diana G79 front sight

I have just acquired a Diana model G79 rifle which is missing its front sight; I have placed an ad requesting one in 'wanted' forum but think this is more likely the best place to find one although the rifle is probably too new (1974) to be collectable.
    From the Chambers site it appears to be a ramp-style with a blade and is fixed to muzzle with a 4BA screw; there is a tapped hole about 3/4" from muzzle on my rifle to which presumably the sight is attached. Chambers do not have one in at the moment and nor are they likely to soon so if anyone has one lying around or is breaking an incomplete/damaged G79 for spares them please PM me and I will buy it.
    However, failing that, if anyone has a dimensioned sketch/drawing of the sight they could send me then I may be able to make one. Thanks for looking.
    Aubrey

Sight reply

Hi send me an email address via pm and I will post you a couple of pictures of mine on my rifle if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by Rellum View Post
    Hi send me an email address via pm and I will post you a couple of pictures of mine on my rifle if that helps
    Thanks, Rellum that would be useful. PM on its way. If you could also supply some critical dimensions it would help a lot if I have to make one, but preferably an actual sight would be ideal if anyone out there has one.
    Aubrey

Pics sent hope they help

I am still looking for a G79 foresight. The pics Rellum kindly sent were for a series70 model 79 which is quite different from my G79 so if anyone has one or at least a picture of one with some idea of dimensions etc it would be much appreciated.
    Aubrey