Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something from 1974??

The other bonus with a good Original is that they can trade punches with an HW50. Which may come in handy.

Some top advice cheers everyone

Plenty to mull over and think about.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    My Diana Mod 66 is from 1974 (or 1975, can't remember). One of those would fit the bill perfectly. It's break barrel, and recoil-less, see.
    Come on Phil, Welsh or English.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    Come on Phil, Welsh or English.

Dave
    Is it. (Wales). Is it? (England). Isn't it? (Wales, rhetorical).

I'm selling a Relum break barrel .22 rifle from around that era in the for sales section. Only £50 plus postage & I've just spent nearly £50 overhauling it!

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I agree with Geezer, I think a very nice rifle from 1974 would be one of the headliners from the Original Diana range, the underlever Model 50 or the break barrel Model 35, or even the sweet-shooting Model 27.

The reason I would choose one of these is that they all have the excellent three ball-bearing trigger, they have soft manners, are easy to cock and all have superbly designed, clear and precise open sights.

If you are going to buy a '74 airgun, the only period scopes that ordinary people could afford were 4x15 and 4x20, which were not very nice to use. With Original Diana open sights on a bright day you can realise most of the accuracy potential of these airguns, at least at paper targets.

The Original 50 is a long, beautiful air-rifle, but it is not as heavy as many and is a pleasure to shoot with its original leather washer and traditional tap loading. Get one of them.