I was at a 10m pistol squad session today at the Aldersley range in Wolverhampton, but afterwards decided to give my 'project' Haenel 303-S a bit of a try out. I was quite pleased to be getting a few 9's, but looking at some of the other serious rifle shooters with their full body leather trusses, I did begin to wonder about a glove; (partly because of some being on offer for £15 in the little NSRA shop there - all for left handed shooters through ).

Anyway, I have tried to do a bit of research about the desirable characteristics of these gloves; some are full fingered, others are short and with special pads etc, but I have ended up more confused! I got a hint that some of the variations are for prone/standing etc, and others are for field target, where the grip is with the palm, rather than resting on knuckles.

All I am thinking of is doing an occasional bit of standing rifle, indoors at 10m, so does any of you fine folks have a suggestion about glove choice? Should I even bother, and fashion myself one of these 'hamster' thingies instead?

Cheers,

Mark.