Thread: Sending pistols back to mainland Europe for servicing.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was under the impression that importers took care of servicing themselves. Maybe Harry Preston is an exception in that regard.

Does Mr Iqbal, the Morini agent, send stuff back, or does he do the work himself?

What's the deal with the Feinwerkbau, Tesro, Walther, Matchgun and Benelli importers?

Sorry. No need to answer that - if indeed you knew the answers.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Dave in Trench may have been able to do that Nick unless he has had enough of them.
    Know I have pain in the ar.. cant wait to get rid of a GPR1 Pro Top.

Very few distributors do servicing themselves rather theyre are put out to genuine trusted people.
    Tesro by Idleback for or Xcalibre for rifles.

Import and export will get a lot worse closer to brexit.

So Harry Preston offers a very valuable service then?
    Arthur

I just bought a Walther LP400 from Tone. Lovely gent. He had the pistol serviced by Walther at a recent event in the U.K. Apparently they send tooled up service engineers to a number of uk events where they will carry out repairs and servicing whilst you enjoy the event. I'm not sure how you find out which events and when, but certainly worth investigating. Obviousley if you have a failure and want it sorted, it's not so convenient, but worth a thought!
    Steyr Evo 10, Anschutz 8001, BSA Scorpion SE, BSA light Pattern, HW77k, HW30s, AA TX200, HW45 Blackstar, HW40, Walther CP88, Webley Premier E, TBC!

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was under the impression that importers took care of servicing themselves. Maybe Harry Preston is an exception in that regard.

Does Mr Iqbal, the Morini agent, send stuff back, or does he do the work himself?

What's the deal with the Feinwerkbau, Tesro, Walther, Matchgun and Benelli importers?

Sorry. No need to answer that - if indeed you knew the answers.
    Iqbal is a factory trained technician and will repair and or service Morini's that he has supplied. Others are negotiable.

Thanks again Nick.
    Arthur

fwb are serviced in uk by the importer www.centra-uk.co.uk also possiably walthers but you would have to ask him cheers ian

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I have checked with Walther, and there will be a factory Walther service team based in the LRC at Bisley to cover the Junior international Aug 8th to 10th, and the small bore meeting the following week 10th to 19th.
    Don't expect them to have parts for classics though, they are there to support current Walther shooters with air and small bore guns.

Have Fun
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?