Thread: 17 hornet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just to be Mr Picky,
    ALL hmr ammo, (with the only exception being Winchester ) is made in the same factory by CCI Speer,
    The colour of the tip has no real meaning ...
    Vmax , Amax, Zmax are all Hornady licensed products, They own the design patent on that bullet ( head).
    Also, I don't know of any commercially available 17gr .17 bullets on the market other than for the hmr, likewise other than Kranks, I have not come across these elsewhere And Krank sell these as unbranded.
    I don't think you will find any load data on these size ' heads' ( bullets ) for the .17 Hornet..
    But a good start would be with a known load on a 20gr & back off slightly , then run over a Chrono & do all the usual pressure checks : stiff bolt, measure web on case ( before & after ) , visually inspect case after each shot, ect ......

Good find & good info , Guesty
    Rem700 6.5 Creedmoor XLR Envy - Rem700 .20 prac XLR Element
    CZ527 .17 Hornet AICS - Anschutz 1417 .22lr

Good info gents as always.

I've been through to Krankys today and picked some of the 17 's up they have plenty and willing to post so they told me and tree top is right I have shot hornady hmr for years and over the years the Colour of the tips have changed from red / orange and others.
    Regards
    Colin
    Last edited by optima silk; 20-05-2017 at 06:43 PM.