Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Marshall Stocks

Mark Marshall Stocks

Anyone got his address? I would like to retrieve my money.
    Regards
    para
    Good deals; Posts 75, 107, 157, 169, 686, 814, 1039, 1331, 1333, 1352. 2333, 2716
    Email preferred click here

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you go there could you possibly get my money and my HW77 from him.

Mark Marshall
    11 Tim Lane
    Burton Joyce
    Nottingham
    NG14 5DR
    God rest ye jelly mental men

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Stockmakers eh? Who'd have 'em.
    Good deals with these members

I can wholeheartedly recommend Warren Edwards if your in need of someone trustworthy / reliable to make a custom stock

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Mark Marshall
    11 Tim Lane
    Burton Joyce
    Nottingham
    NG14 5DR
    Me too, Into me for £150+S200 stock,seems to have evaporated,pleased I'm not alone but sorry for you other chaps.

stocks

mr Edwards gets my vote as well top bloke

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Mark Marshall
    11 Tim Lane
    Burton Joyce
    Nottingham
    NG14 5DR
    thanks Lads will pay him a visit, he also has a HW80 of mine!
    Good deals; Posts 75, 107, 157, 169, 686, 814, 1039, 1331, 1333, 1352. 2333, 2716
    Email preferred click here

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by para1 View Post
    thanks Lads will pay him a visit, he also has a HW80 of mine!
    If you can simply get my action and the dog rough stock he made theres something in it for you!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hope you get your money back and the items . its a shame when these clowns take your money or goods and never complete their end of the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Hope you get your money back and the items . its a shame when these clowns take your money or goods and never complete their end of the deal.
    Huge shame. Small business can become overworked, that's not unusual, and can even be understandable. But if they do, there is always the option to make sure that the most important person, the customers, doesn't lose out.

just googled the name and it appears problems with this guy go back to at least Jan 2016.

There do seem to be problems with a few stock makers.

I can understand how they can end up with too much work but they should just should either give realistic turnaround times or close their order books until they have caught up a bit.
    If they are reputable and respected, people will always accept the wait or come back to them.

As for them getting into financial difficulty, i cant see how. They take a deposit to cover the cost of the blank and then its just the value of their time that they invest in the stock. It is not like they shell out thousands of pounds on stock materials and then get knocked by customers. Although this could happen if they were working for a gun manufacturer on a larger scale, i think we are talking about smaller volume stock makers getting in over their head.

I dont want to simplify what they do because some of the customs stocks that i see made by individuals are truly amazing.

It seems that the long standing and reputable stock makers like Warren Edwards and Gary Cane etc, are well worth the wait.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by C.V View Post
    There do seem to be problems with a few stock makers.

I can understand how they can end up with too much work but they should just should either give realistic turnaround times or close their order books until they have caught up a bit.
    If they are reputable and respected, people will always accept the wait or come back to them.

As for them getting into financial difficulty, i cant see how. They take a deposit to cover the cost of the blank and then its just the value of their time that they invest in the stock. It is not like they shell out thousands of pounds on stock materials and then get knocked by customers. Although this could happen if they were working for a gun manufacturer on a larger scale, i think we are talking about smaller volume stock makers getting in over their head.

I dont want to simplify what they do because some of the customs stocks that i see made by individuals are truly amazing.

It seems that the long standing and reputable stock makers like Warren Edwards and Gary Cane etc, are well worth the wait.
    I've said this before, but: Just because someone is a good engineer or craftsman, does not mean that they are a good businessman.
    I think perhaps a few of them do a bit of work, earn good money for their time, and then little pound signs roll up in front of their eyes and before they know it they have taken on far more than they can handle.
    Having no people/business skills, they don't know how to dig themselves out of the shit so they just stick their heads in the sand, stop answering the phone, and hope it will all go away. Though some are just con artists of course.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by revs1972 View Post
    just googled the name and it appears problems with this guy go back to at least Jan 2016.
    Have read the posts and can say from experience it goes further back than 2016, I am not in agreement with the the people who think he is genuine,caught up in his own success,I was conned by him and he still will not reply to me or refund me and he is getting away with this,although there will be people who think "poor lad"believe me you have got it wrong I still have the bank statements showing he cashed the money,but have had nothing in return,I believe him to be nothing more than a conman.

Mark Marshall Stocks

Surely this a matter for the Police and Trading Standards?