Thread: I'm Screwed ...

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

I'm Screwed ...

... or at least I'd like to be. Bought me a really rather nice WEBLEY name plate to put on the breech block of a Webley Stingray that I have made 'scope only', but have been through my boxes and tins of screws and can not for the life of me find any suitable screws to secure it in place via the old open sight holes ...

To this end, anyone able to advise me of the length and thread pitch that the suitable screws should be, please, and/or better still, has anyone got a couple of suitably threaded black finish, countersunk head screws which they would be prepared to sell me -- or swap for a donation from me in their name, to Help For Heroes for the same?

Thanking the collective gentlemen of this here illustrious section, in anticipation of someone being able to help me get screwed (lol ). Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Do you have a digital caliper? If you can measure the inner diameter of the tapped hole in the breech, it may help to size up the thread. I have some metric countersunk screws somewhere, but I believe they're M3 (in my stock box)

Take your gun along to your local friendly engineers merchants and, before you whip it out (you know what the judge said last time )warn them its a gun. My E.M. has been very helpful in the past and provided all sorts of screws, seals and 'O' rings for a pittance. I once got a hand full of Sharp bolt seals for the price of a brew.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

If it's the same as 1970s webleys (hawk osprey) it's 4 BA bolts.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Thank you gentlemen, all suggestions greatly appreciated. I will go for the 4 BA screws as mentioned, as seem to remember that Brum Webleys stayed loyal to the BA fixings right up to their own bitter end.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.