Thread: .32 wadcutter bullets?

.32 wadcutter bullets?

I'm looking for some .32 wadcutter bullets for my Zylab Patriot muzzle loading target pistol. These need to be solid, not hollow base.

Is anyone out there casting these, know who might stock them or has a redundant mould laying about?

I think most were hollow base.
    Remember, it is the strongest character that God gives the most challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by vbull View Post
    I think most were hollow base.
    Agree - Unfortunately I need a solid bullet. The original bullets designed for this pistol were solid wadcutter with a gas check, these are no longer available. A very similar cast bullet with gas check is available in the US but not available here.

The usual .32 HBWC is too long to seat in the "magazine"

Soild base .32 wadcutter bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    I'm looking for some .32 wadcutter bullets for my Zylab Patriot muzzle loading target pistol. These need to be solid, not hollow base.

Is anyone out there casting these, know who might stock them or has a redundant mould laying about?
    Lee Precision used to make a tumble lube mould for the bullet you want, approximately 85 grains IIRC. I used to have one of them which I used for casting HBWC swaging slugs "back in the day" when I had pistols. Check out etc. for one while I look to see if I still have mine. I sent a lot of my 32-calibre stuff to a friend, but hopefully I only sent him the RN moulds.

I've not looked at one of these Zylab pistols but if it helps at all, I used to load the bullets back to front in y Ruger Old Army ML, to effectively make the round nose into a wadcutter. There was room in the chambers for the powder to distribute itself around the round nose though. Would it be worth a try with your Zylab?

TonyW.

Thanks Tony but now think I'm sorted. I've managed to find a good RCBS mould that's just the job. Just need to get back in the swing of casting again after a thirty year break.

RCBS 90gn .32 wadcutter:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psvka0xvcs.jpg

A quick question

Quote Originally Posted by 1066 View Post
    Thanks Tony but now think I'm sorted. I've managed to find a good RCBS mould that's just the job. Just need to get back in the swing of casting again after a thirty year break.

RCBS 90gn .32 wadcutter:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psvka0xvcs.jpg
    Hi,

I have one of these pistols did this mould pan out ok, as I am trying to locate one? Just to make sure before I splurge out any cash

Many thanks

Steve