Thread: Finally enjoying the TX

Finally enjoying the TX

This week I bought an MTC viper scope (thanks staffy1) and put it on my TX200HC. People who know me will be aware that I have struggled with this gun ever since I bought it to get it to shoot anything near where I like.i have tried all sorts. Nose extensions, longer latch rod, or ring seals, different springs etc etc

Now it is a great gun! A Tony Leach 22mm conversion has transformed the shot cycle into a much nicer softer feel. The sight picture loss is at an absolute minimum and the ease of cocking is unbelievable!!

The new glass makes it a real joy to shoot. I have just had half and hour with it while I work on a couple of videos and it is absolutely lovely. Happy days!!
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Good glass makes a hell of a difference to the follow through. I have a Vortex Diamondback HP 4x16 x42 . When I use it on my .177s I can follow the pellet all the way to the target when the lighting conditions allows it. MTC Vipers and Mambas are quite good for the money.

A.G

Agreed. I have mamba lites on all 3 of my hw97s.

I am just uploading a new video. I recently invested in a couple of Reflex Targets for the back garden range. I have to say that they are very good. The dueling tree is a stack of fun even if it did break some elastic bands and the bomb shaped bell target will probably last forever.

The TX and me have had a thoroughly good time with them today 😀

Sounding good, Neil.

And I hope you can make the Bash in a couple of weeks, as I only saw you far too briefly last time, with having to watch the youngster.

Would love to have a go and looking forward to next video instalments.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

With the new set up I reckon the TX is going to be my 'go to' gun for a while. Recently had a bit of a health scare so I couldn't say yes or no to the bash beforehand but I reckon I will be able to get there for at least the Friday and maybe the Saturday.... we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sounding good, Neil.

And I hope you can make the Bash in a couple of weeks, as I only saw you far too briefly last time, with having to watch the youngster.

Would love to have a go and looking forward to next video instalments.
    Tony, Just two points regarding the next video you do.

1. A hair cut and blow dry

2. Ditch the rest and shoot unsupported so we can see how you really deal with those micro spinners

Thanks mate. That'll be all.

Kindest regards.

Derek.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Tony, Just two points regarding the next video you do.

1. A hair cut and blow dry

2. Ditch the rest and shoot unsupported so we can see how you really deal with those micro spinners

Thanks mate. That'll be all.

Kindest regards.

Derek.
    Haha!

1) No!

2) What? And you actually want to see me HIT the spinners?

By the way, I don't "do" the videos. That's Neil's territory. I go all camera shy, I do. Young Neil just invited me along for a couple of hours of excellent company and wanted to introduce more people to The Predator.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Haha!

1) No!

2) What? And you actually want to see me HIT the spinners?

By the way, I don't "do" the videos. That's Neil's territory. I go all camera shy, I do. Young Neil just invited me along for a couple of hours of excellent company and wanted to introduce more people to The Predator.

OK, I know I was asking too much about the biker hair, and yes I would like to see you hit some spinners and knock up n downers without the help of Neil's pillow.

No really Tony, I could watch you shoot all day.

You certainly are a methodical, considerate careful shot. Very therapeutic, I must say

And your Predator looks awesome mate

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    OK, I know I was asking too much about the biker hair, and yes I would like to see you hit some spinners and knock up n downers without the help of Neil's pillow.

No really Tony, I could watch you shoot all day.

You certainly are a methodical, considerate careful shot. Very therapeutic, I must say

And your Predator looks awesome mate

Enjoy.
    Yep, I do find shooting very therapeutic and relaxing myself, Derek. Whether it be paper, spinners or years ago, when hunting and enjoying being out there in the countryside.

I'm sure many of us were the same when we started shooting, mainly with cheaper, junior springers. Mainly plinking and always from the standing position. Even whilst out hunting, later, all shots were from standing.

Then, when the FT bug hit, I really started to appreciate the stability and, henceforth, greater accuracy from sitting. To the point where, even when stalking, I'd get myself into a sitting position to take the shot. Although, in those early days of FT, I was pretty good at the standers, (even though I say so myself) as I'd shot from that position for so long, where many others would struggle with the close range standers.

And you then get worse at the standers (and lazier).

I had never actually shot rested until the Summer of 2013, when I took a couple of my rifles to an indoor range to check zero before our first Boinger Bash. And I don't actually shoot off the bench at the Bashes for many shots, preferring to sit on my old Mede Targets FT seat.

That day at Neil's, making the vid, was a very special day. Being invited to a fellow Boingerer's house and being able to present The Predator to all and sundry. The Predator is even sweeter now, by the way, having had a recent refresh at the hands of Mr Pope.

At the end of the session at Neil's, I mentioned it would be nice to one day get a little Simmons 1.5-5x20 on The Predator, as I thought it would suit its compact lines. Neil duly went into the house and emerged, presenting one of the little Simmons and said, "There you go. Take it. I don't use it anymore and it'll be nice to see it get used". So now it wears that little scope, too. Top, top man is our Neil.

Be nice if you could get to a Bash, Derek.