Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw44

How ****ing much??

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Just seen the price posted on BAR's Facebook page......

£619
    same price here https://www.solware.co.uk/weihrauch-hw44

In my youth this pistol would have been the ultimate tool, what is there not to like about a pistol that is 25 Joules or 18 ftl/ lbs that can be silenced with a moderator. It's price is two weeks wages for your average man in the street which is chicken feed, the problem is most folk have a wife, two kids a mortgage a car gas electric water and insurance bills to pay then there's the food. Them that can afford this pistol will buy it even though it's a tad ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    i beleive the thing to be a huge error.....what every pistol enthusiast was waiting for is something more like a HW75 2 stroker version of the Alecto.....everyone hates all the plastic on the Alecto so HW had already done half the job..
    With a modified valve my club fellows would have purchased 2 each at the 300 quid it currently runs at...
    Id of bought one for fun without thinking twice.
    From the marketing blurb I've seen so far they seem to be pushing it as a professional pest control tool, rather than as a "plinking" pistol.
    I quite like how it looks, and while it is pricy it is basically all the expensive bits of the HW100, cut down & without a stock.

That was my point.
    Cut down 110 so it can't be cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    From the marketing blurb I've seen so far they seem to be pushing it as a professional pest control tool, rather than as a "plinking" pistol.
    I quite like how it looks, and while it is pricy it is basically all the expensive bits of the HW100, cut down & without a stock.
    But we* don't hunt with pistols so they're barking up the wrong tree in the UK.

With £620 to spend, you'd get a very competent vermin control combo - S410+scope for example. Delivering 11ft/lbs into 20mm circles all day long.
    You wouldn't bother with a sub 6ft/lb pistol.

They've dropped a massive Teutonic bollock with the 44.

*decent, responsible shooters (humane, close range dispatchers of captive quarry excepted).

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    But we* don't hunt with pistols so they're barking up the wrong tree in the UK.

With £620 to spend, you'd get a very competent vermin control combo - S410+scope for example. Delivering 11ft/lbs into 20mm circles all day long.
    You wouldn't bother with a sub 6ft/lb pistol.

They've dropped a massive Teutonic bollock with the 44.

*decent, responsible shooters (humane, close range dispatchers of captive quarry excepted).
    It would probably be ideal for professional pest control in roof crawl spaces, tower-block air conditioning, etc clearing city feral pigeons, where a rifle would be too cumbersome.

But I agree, in the open pistols are not for hunting,

I agree with what has been said before somewhere on here; we in the UK are not the key target market for this pistol.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I agree with what has been said before somewhere on here; we in the UK are not the key target market for this pistol.
    Rich.
    2 stroke HW75 ....£350 quid...self contained....then we talking.....club members been on a bout such an animal for years ...ive even tried to come up with a valve myself.

Out of interest what is the HW75's MV?

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Out of interest what is the HW75's MV?
    Mine was 375 fps (2.50 fpe) using Bisley Practice pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Mine was 375 fps (2.50 fpe) using Bisley Practice pellets.
    They originally ran spec at 425 fps but then dropped to approx your figure presented here but now back up 400 fps plus again..
    There is 2 theories for this being bandied about, one being they shifted the inlet hole very slightly....either to make cocking easy or other unidentified reason...such as excess oil in system but it does appear that the latest spec does seem to have slightly shifted inlet hole compared to mid term low power models...
    I have one running 440 fps though by simply running a full lenghth barrel into the useless void.
    Nobody ever bothered manufacturing a silencer for it rendering the void pointless.
    HW should have realised running a barrel full lenght would benefit velocity...esp with it being over 30 mm long...used a standard piece of Crosman 1377 barrel for the mod....chucking the rest of the pain in the ass 1377 out with the tat.....bloody thing.
    Last edited by clarky; 01-06-2017 at 03:35 PM.

Hw44

Down at the dealers on Saturday, there is some confusion if a silencer will be included by HW in the price, but the dealer I spoke to will be doing them for £575. however this may come down if HW do a discount for bulk.

Update on HW44 availability

Just had a chat with Pellpax re date & price:-

Now expected to be supplied to the UK September and price has not been decided.

M.
    Why be awkward, when with a little bit of effort you can be really impossible!