Thread: Valuation please HW77k .177 Walnut airmasters.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Valuation please HW77k .177 Walnut airmasters.

Grateful for a valuation for sale of this rifle please. Rifle only, no sling, barrel sling mount or scope. HW77k .177 1013764. Believed to be airmasters walnut stock and silencer. As can be seen repaired to stock, very bad repair when I acquired it. Now has large internal screw. I can feel about 2mm of movement within the crack, only recently. Will need regluing. Bluing has been brillo padded in places, particularly barrel. Trigger slightly cut down, originally so a trigger shoe could be fitted. I understand this rifle was used in the mid 80's in the early days of FT with a tasco 2-7 x 32 AO. It was lent by the owner to a friend that helpfully returned it with damaged stock and bluing rubbed. Fully firing. I have reluctantly decided to sell this, and a 1983 hw80k in order to fund an air arms 410 .177. My son is getting very into the local gun club and shows talent. Many thanks, Paul.

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/wat...library/hw77k2

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/wat.../library/hw77k

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....fully-received
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

Shame about the stock but I would think about £350ish..Mach 1.5

Not wanting to override what Mach 1.5 says, I have to slightly disagree with his valaution.
    I would suggest a value more in the region of £250 tops. The reason i say this is due to the fact that the stock makes up a lot of what is an airmasters, this stock is more or less a write off and finding another is almost impossible.
    Secondly, unless its been apart, there is no guarantee the glided internals are still in, if not, then its just a standard 77. If the inside has been misstreat as badly as the outside it will need regliding.
    I just wouldn't want you getting your hopes too high.
    Hope this helps.
    Fozzy.

Quote Originally Posted by fozzy45 View Post
    Not wanting to override what Mach 1.5 says, I have to slightly disagree with his valaution.
    I would suggest a value more in the region of £250 tops. The reason i say this is due to the fact that the stock makes up a lot of what is an airmasters, this stock is more or less a write off and finding another is almost impossible.
    Secondly, unless its been apart, there is no guarantee the glided internals are still in, if not, then its just a standard 77. If the inside has been misstreat as badly as the outside it will need regliding.
    I just wouldn't want you getting your hopes too high.
    Hope this helps.
    Fozzy.
    I am with Fozzy on this one...

Also, Airmasters did different levels of tune, difficult to tell what's inside without taking it apart.

The stock can be repaired, but whatever the case, it's still a repair job.

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central
    Thanks Guys, yes my gut instinct goes with the lower estimates, the stock has had a job done on it indeed, the bluing is not good. I will be putting up a f/s around that figure. Will go quite a long way towards a s410! P
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

Quote Originally Posted by watchsapart View Post
    Thanks Guys, yes my gut instinct goes with the lower estimates, the stock has had a job done on it indeed, the bluing is not good. I will be putting up a f/s around that figure. Will go quite a long way towards a s410! P
    Good luck with the sale bud.
    Fozzy