Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
Worth checking ,yes i agree, but again i am going by one of the airgun guru`s in a mag that he stated he couldnt get more power from a heavy pellet, but it would be interesting to see any results posted ,
I would say that it is not only the heavy weight pellets that may send a gun FAC if it is set too high with the 8.44s. I recently put a batch of JSB 8.44 grs, 4.50 mm through all my .177 PCPs ( Hw 100, S 400 and the Regal ) and they all came very close to being FAC , about 11.9 with the S400 and a little less with the others. As my guns are all set @ about 11.2/11.3 ft.lbs you can imagine the shock when I saw the Chrono figures.

This pellet made as much ME as a JSB Heavy if not a tad more. Perhaps due to the small head size and the skirt making less friction in the barrel? The pellet is almost useless as far as accuracy goes so it would never be used but I am sure that you see the point that I am making.

I always used to advocate the use of a standard pellet for setting the power of sub 12 air guns or any subsequent testing by Police just to keep the doubt and unfairness out of the equation but now I have to rethink the whole idea with this revelation. Who would use an inaccurate but high energy pellet to do target or hunt with in an airgun?

A.G