Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

After reading various reviews on various sites I thought I would take the plunge and send my .177 Daystate Regal rifle of to airtech to get a regulator fitted. I had experience of having this done, XTX had regged my Ultra and I was delighted with it and the service and similarly the work and service undertaken on the Ratcatcher.

I received an email from Carl stating

“Remove everything scope. Stock etc all I. Need is action and just one mag if you have a silencer you intend to use with the rifle send that with the gun so I can test it once the barrel has been threaded to make sure there are no clipping issues.”

So I complied with the requirement and sent through the action, magazaine and 2 silencers a HW mod and Airstream stating that I wanted to be able to use both mods - all nicely wrapped up in the bit of bubble wrap that I had and the rest of the tube was then padded out with a lot of paper.

What i got back was a gun which could not use the Airstream as the barrel had been chopped a threaded such that the air cylinder impeded it being usable and no magazine. He claimed that he sent it back in the same packing (hence his assertion not seen a mag but more of that later) which was not true it came back with oodles of air bags and no paper.

Carl initially stated that the gun had been completed and sent out by post 2 days before it was actually sent, this started to raise concerns which I had seen on other sites about his lack of communication skills.

I have texted him numerous times about the missing magazine but the response I got was that he hadn't seen it but would ask someone else if they had (no response on that one and having endured his customer service not expecting one either) and that he deals with guns 3 times the value of Regals (oh bravo) and no one puts me under pressure but hey I have a .22 magazine in stock - WTF it is a .177 !!! - I just want the .177 magazine back.

The impression I get is that the place is to be polite chaotic with guns stored all over the place and more by good luck that you get the things back you send.

So in summary would I send anything there again well ..NO
    Could I recommend them ......NO

Comeback XTX please.

There endeth my experience £20 postage, £190 Airtech and 1 missing magazine - oh yeah paid via Paypal as a friend so I picked up the £6 charge - sweet

When I had a .22 chopped by him quite a while back the conversion was excellent. I collected in person & his parting words were 'I've left it a few ft/lbs over the limit as it shoots better like that'

No you don't!

I'm surprised anyone sends him anything given the experiences posted on the Internet about him, at least you got your rifle back I've read about them being missing for a long time (think I read somewhere about one being missing for close to a year)

What does it shoot like though ?

Not much different from before as far as I can see, shot pretty well before, kind of wish I had left alone or waited for XTX to come back on the market

Sounds like others have had bad experiences!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Sounds like others have had bad experiences!
    In what way , everybody i know who's had work done by Carl are very happy with there guns and that includes the regals

Just looking at what the other posts above have said.

Carl's work was great and to time for me - but the over the limit statment meant I'd be leery of using him again.

Just looking at what the other posts above have said.
    there is a few posts on here that have had issues with communication.

In my case as well as communication issues, lack of interest once paid about the missing .177 magazine!

In my case as well as communication issues, lack of interest once paid about the missing .177 magazine!
    yes. not good. hope you get it sorted out.

daystate regal issues

I presume you are Charlie garner as I stated to you. when I worked on the rifle there was no mag in the wrapping. the rifle was sent back to you in the original box and wrapping. I'm not getting into a slagging match but if the mag was sent with the rifle it would have also been sent back with the rifle. but as I have said I personally did not see a mag. and as far as the rifle not shooting any better that's total rubbish the rifle was far easier to cock and this is the 10 shot chrono results with air arms diablo field. I think its just the fact your pissed off over loosing a mag. that I personally never seen. if I did it would have been sent back with the rifle.... these chono results look ok to me

SHOT 1 784=11.49
    2 784=11.49
    3 787=11.55
    4 784=11.49
    5 789=11.61
    6 783=11.43
    7 784=11.49
    8 787=11.55
    9 784=11.49
    10 789=11.61

daystate regal issues

Quote Originally Posted by steve B View Post
    When I had a .22 chopped by him quite a while back the conversion was excellent. I collected in person & his parting words were 'I've left it a few ft/lbs over the limit as it shoots better like that'

No you don't!
    you must be joking. I said I will leave it a few ftlbs over it shoots better. you must be smoking something pretty heavy. unless you could supply me a valid fac cert it wouldn't go from me anything over 12ft fact

daystate regal issues

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1979 View Post
    I'm surprised anyone sends him anything given the experiences posted on the Internet about him, at least you got your rifle back I've read about them being missing for a long time (think I read somewhere about one being missing for close to a year)
    that must have been when I was unexpectedly called to china. with a dying father in law. people was told of the situation at that time. not that its any of your business.