Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    that's right designs things then blames bsa for not making them to his design pull the other one bowket. you get your pay cheque from bsa and your then out. so no more money. so what if i design a fault in the gun and offer a bowket blue print.. that means happy days is this not true john bowket or do you prefer to grow money in your garden.. your old your past it and you don't have the equipment your machining skills are a joke looks like you machined them with a bent nail. go on the Facebook forums john plenty of pictures and unhappy customers of yours there. infect a lot come to me.. search here for airtech tuned r10 i think your name is mentioned in that write up.. you have always been on my case from as early as 1990s well i will tell you one think. you better read some more books as your no longer the best where bsa rifles are concerned. your non mechanical reg. i made one back in 1991 yours is just a bad copy that uses a o ring and ball bearing. how come all your regs go tits up. even the non mechanical one does. a chamber filled with compressed air to replace a spring. so unless anyone has the adaptor (i do) then they have to go back to you to have it serviced. what about the guy who had you do his R10 he wasn't happy with it so sold it. a week later the non mechanical reg went tits up. new guy contacted you and hay presto your life time warranty is non transferable the reg was less than 2 months old. sounds like your customer relations could also do with upgrading.
    I'm surprised the admin of this site have let this go as far as it has but now bowkets name is mentioned i bet it will soon be stopped. greenwayjames = real name john bowket. james greenway = john bowket.. so it seems the leopard never changes his spots even tho he tries too by using so many other names
    My god are these people professional or even grown ups, have they no pride? I cant imagine the likes of V-mach or tin bum acting like this

Given the original subject of the dispute,why would you want to fit a regulator to a relatively high end air rifle?.

As I understand it the gun is fitted with the sling shot valving system straight out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Given the original subject of the dispute,why would you want to fit a regulator to a relatively high end air rifle?.

As I understand it the gun is fitted with the sling shot valving system straight out of the box.
    Yes but its s*** imo nothing like a regulator and you still have a power curve with sling shot valve , why don't daystate fit regs to their guns beats me ,when your are paying top money
    Now you got me going with daystate guns

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    My god are these people professional or even grown ups, have they no pride? I cant imagine the likes of V-mach or tin bum acting like this
    A lot of people could learn a thing or two from Nicks (tinbum) excellent customer service

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Yes but its s*** imo nothing like a regulator and you still have a power curve with sling shot valve , why don't daystate fit regs to their guns beats me ,when your are paying top money
    Now you got me going with daystate guns
    If Daystate did fit regs to their guns they would be shoddy, sub standard regs to match their shoddy, sub standard guns.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    A lot of people could learn a thing or two from Nicks (tinbum) excellent customer service
    I think you are right about customer service, sounds like he knows how to do it.

I would for balance add never had anything done by him, but fair play to him gets a lot of good reviews.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    You lads should get out shooting or walking instead of venting foul air on here.

If I was Carl, I'd stump up half for a replacement mag and be done with it.

I'm off to the pub...
    Full mag and mines a pint

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    As a victim of a non mechanical regulator, I cannot disagree...
    As someone who does not know what one of those is interested to learn, honestly no idea what one is. For me moved beyond the mag(ignore the post above) really am interested about the difference? Me I work in law and find it interesting how the engineers find it out and work it out.

l
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    As someone who does not know what one of those is interested to learn, honestly no idea what one is. For me moved beyond the mag(ignore the post above) really am interested about the difference? Me I work in law and find it interesting how the engineers find it out and work it out.
    Probably better to start a new thread about how regs work. This one has run its course.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    l

Probably better to start a new thread about how regs work. This one has run its course.
    Yes fair point

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    l

A regulator can be likened to a dam on a river. Behind the dam the water is at a very high pressure. The dam regulates the flow of the river to a controlled and constant state of flow, meaning that the water lasts longer instead of shooting through the river valley at higher speed.

Basically what a regulator does is regulate the flow of air so that it is at the optimum pressure for each shot!

NOT QUITE RUN ITS COURSE/

After this thread I have had contact with Carl, and he has offered me a replacement silencer, he admitted it was a genuine mistake, and was man enough to offer either a replacement hw silencer, or a new carbon silencer, I have agreed I will take either of those options, and also stated that as soon as it has arrived I will draw a line under this and put it in the past where it belongs.

Thank you for doing that Carl, it has restored some faith in your customer services, I shall update when in possession of the new silencer.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post

After this thread I have had contact with Carl, and he has offered me a replacement silencer, he admitted it was a genuine mistake, and was man enough to offer either a replacement hw silencer, or a new carbon silencer, I have agreed I will take either of those options, and also stated that as soon as it has arrived I will draw a line under this and put it in the past where it belongs.

Thank you for doing that Carl, it has restored some faith in your customer services, I shall update when in possession of the new silencer.
    Nice one... Thanks for posting that
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post

"A proper job" as they say in the part of the world I was from.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    "A proper job" as they say in the part of the world I was from.
    So are you John Bowkett posting under a false name or not?
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.