Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Get the feeling my experience has got badder than the badest bad thing again

Quote Originally Posted by Baldie1 View Post
    Was he not on Judge Rinder for bad workmanship???

Dave
    Surely joking?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Get the feeling my experience has got badder than the badest bad thing again
    And you call your self LUCKY

Ha ha - not anymore!

Effect of heavier pellets

On the FPE subject (if I can interject?), was tuning my AR20FT last week, looking for around 775 fps.

10 shot average was 772.4 fps with 8.44 pellets, = 11.18 FPE.

Just to be on the safe side, I then checked with 10.6grn Bisley Magnums. 719fps = 12.17 FPE.

Tweaked power down, 8.44s now 767.7 average fps = 11.047943 FPE, 10.6s now705fps = 11.701459 FPE. That's close enough for me.

YMMV

Walter

Best run it over the chrono then - thanks

secretagentmole Guest
    Best run it over the chrono then - thanks
    Do not run over the chrono, you will break it!

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    If it a Daystate and it is shooting @ 11.6 with the 8.44s chances are that it may just go FAC with the Heavies. The Heavies add 0.4~0.7 ft.lbs to the 8.44 output depending on the gun, barrel length and Reg pressure.

A.G
    Worth checking ,yes i agree, but again i am going by one of the airgun guru`s in a mag that he stated he couldnt get more power from a heavy pellet, but it would be interesting to see any results posted ,
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Do not run over the chrono, you will break it!
    If it is Fac may as well break the gun

secretagentmole Guest
    If it is Fac may as well break the gun
    If it is FAC he will have to remedy the situation, or face you reporting such facts to the police force where he lives and possibly losing his RFD license...

Bowkett finds the most efficient and accurate pellet and sets the gun up for that! Admittedly Bowkett does not work on Daystates, Air Arms, HWs, Theobens, Hatsans, Evanix, Logun, only BSA and certain Titans...

Hmm food for thought thanks

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Worth checking ,yes i agree, but again i am going by one of the airgun guru`s in a mag that he stated he couldnt get more power from a heavy pellet, but it would be interesting to see any results posted ,
    Depends on the gun and the pellet. My Super 10 will do about 10.8 with AA Field, but Daystate Heavies (JSB Heavies) will give 11.5!

Thumbs up

Holy moly I have some JSB heavies, will give them a go over the chrono this weekend, thanks for the input.

Holy moly I have some JSB heavies, will give them a go over the chrono this weekend, thanks for the input.
    Good or bad I will publish as it is not my inention to rubbish a bloke ! albeit can I have my magazine back please. It is a .177 and not a .22 that I know you have in stock
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 20-05-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Carl sorted my Scorpion ...its sweet and smooth at 11.4 with jsb exacts.,...

and totally and unbelievably accurate and quiet with one of his shrouds / inbuilt strippers ...indoor its pellet on pellet up to and at 50m

Unfortunately, yes there was some communication breakdown (he could improve here) ...and I was forgotten .... and it took some reminders and nudges
    to find out where things were up to and when I could get my rifle back ....he did have some personal goings on at this time.
    ..... my rifle was never finished as expected ...and still remains unfinished by means of matting off that's all.

His work is exceptionally good, he is, as I found, a very very skilled man(rolls Royce background) and he has the patience, if you drop your rifle off, to talk
    you through everything you want doing and he will demonstrate how he will do it.....plus more of his experience and skills

As a guy ...hes top drawer.

I personally found some short comings with his customer service .....that don't make him a bad guy
    Hes likely to be juggling several things at once within his life.

As an airgun tuning business, yes things could be improved .....but this is secondary to his normal business.

I don't want to look like I am making excuse for him .,..I myself have been disappointed .....but maybe there is
    not total clarity here ?

Carl .... without wanting to be blunt.... listen to your customers
    You let me down ... from reading this thread you have let others down ....maybe you could promote your exceptional skills
    by improving your customer service....

Hope this isn't taken as a slagging off .... just a personal experience.