Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by DEGS View Post
    Carl sorted my Scorpion ...its sweet and smooth at 11.4 with jsb exacts.,...

and totally and unbelievably accurate and quiet with one of his shrouds / inbuilt strippers ...indoor its pellet on pellet up to and at 50m

Unfortunately, yes there was some communication breakdown (he could improve here) ...and I was forgotten .... and it took some reminders and nudges
    to find out where things were up to and when I could get my rifle back ....he did have some personal goings on at this time.
    ..... my rifle was never finished as expected ...and still remains unfinished by means of matting off that's all.

His work is exceptionally good, he is, as I found, a very very skilled man(rolls Royce background) and he has the patience, if you drop your rifle off, to talk
    you through everything you want doing and he will demonstrate how he will do it.....plus more of his experience and skills

As a guy ...hes top drawer.

I personally found some short comings with his customer service .....that don't make him a bad guy
    Hes likely to be juggling several things at once within his life.

As an airgun tuning business, yes things could be improved .....but this is secondary to his normal business.

I don't want to look like I am making excuse for him .,..I myself have been disappointed .....but maybe there is
    not total clarity here ?

Carl .... without wanting to be blunt.... listen to your customers
    You let me down ... from reading this thread you have let others down ....maybe you could promote your exceptional skills
    by improving your customer service....

Hope this isn't taken as a slagging off .... just a personal experience.
    Another experience thanks for sharing it
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 20-05-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DEGS View Post

As an airgun tuning business, yes things could be improved .....but this is secondary to his normal business.
    What is his normal business - making gunstocks.
    Seriously, if he cant handle running two businesses he should concentrate on just the one and not let people down.

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    What is his normal business - making gunstocks.
    Was thinking the very same Hope you get your mag back mate

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    Worth checking ,yes i agree, but again i am going by one of the airgun guru`s in a mag that he stated he couldnt get more power from a heavy pellet, but it would be interesting to see any results posted ,
    I would say that it is not only the heavy weight pellets that may send a gun FAC if it is set too high with the 8.44s. I recently put a batch of JSB 8.44 grs, 4.50 mm through all my .177 PCPs ( Hw 100, S 400 and the Regal ) and they all came very close to being FAC , about 11.9 with the S400 and a little less with the others. As my guns are all set @ about 11.2/11.3 ft.lbs you can imagine the shock when I saw the Chrono figures.

This pellet made as much ME as a JSB Heavy if not a tad more. Perhaps due to the small head size and the skirt making less friction in the barrel? The pellet is almost useless as far as accuracy goes so it would never be used but I am sure that you see the point that I am making.

I always used to advocate the use of a standard pellet for setting the power of sub 12 air guns or any subsequent testing by Police just to keep the doubt and unfairness out of the equation but now I have to rethink the whole idea with this revelation. Who would use an inaccurate but high energy pellet to do target or hunt with in an airgun?

A.G

I have been very happy with the everthing Carl has done for me , ok his communication is not 100% but he is not the only one ,even some of the top companies aren't that great either

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    If it a Daystate and it is shooting @ 11.6 with the 8.44s chances are that it may just go FAC with the Heavies. The Heavies add 0.4~0.7 ft.lbs to the 8.44 output depending on the gun, barrel length and Reg pressure.

A.G
    That's not always the case I've found that using a chronograph will give you a better idea.
    I've tested rifles with 8.4 and 10.8 grain pellets and they've given a lower power reading with the 10.8 grain pellets.
    Put it over the chronograph and let us see what it's doing please.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by andrew27473 View Post
    That's not always the case I've found that using a chronograph will give you a better idea.
    I've tested rifles with 8.4 and 10.8 grain pellets and they've given a lower power reading with the 10.8 grain pellets.
    Put it over the chronograph and let us see what it's doing please.
    I will chrono it and see which side of fac it lands, to be honest I am expecting it to be on the right side hope I am right!

Bit of a funny one this.
    Another tuner i.e. The Ratworks had a right old slagging off by his supporters on another forum.how the worm turns.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    I have been very happy with the everthing Carl has done for me , ok his communication is not 100% but he is not the only one ,even some of the top companies aren't that great either
    I think in fairness he should be allowed to explain or defend himself.

A.G

I think in fairness he should be allowed to explain or defend himself.

A.G
    I think he already has, said earlier in the thread he didn't get the magazine in the first place, and until the original poster tests the power with a Chrono, and finds out if it's over or not, there is nothing to defend against there.

Just like he told me he had never worked on my Gun, was actually abruptly rude about it as well, until I jogged his memory, just like he said he would return my silencer, still waiting for that as well.

He has a good reputation for some of the work he has done, and having met Carl in person I know he is a clever man and I have no doubt he can work his magic on guns, but I also know from personal experience he can be rude, arrogant, next to impossible to contact if he doesn't want to deal with a problem, his customer skills are terrible, his after sales is non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    His communication is non existant after he has your rifle. Ask those still waiting from last year and before

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid View Post
    I think he already has, said earlier in the thread he didn't get the magazine in the first place, and until the original poster tests the power with a Chrono, and finds out if it's over or not, there is nothing to defend against there.

Just like he told me he had never worked on my Gun, was actually abruptly rude about it as well, until I jogged his memory, just like he said he would return my silencer, still waiting for that as well.

He has a good reputation for some of the work he has done, and having met Carl in person I know he is a clever man and I have no doubt he can work his magic on guns, but I also know from personal experience he can be rude, arrogant, next to impossible to contact if he doesn't want to deal with a problem, his customer skills are terrible, his after sales is non existent.
    Not all good engineers/technicians make good business men as we all know.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    other businesses can cope with calls during the day. I had to when my boss was not in work as do many others. why not set aside half an hour a day to deal with the emails or left messages? other one man band workers no doubt do it
    because I do that in the evening. that way it does not interfere with the working day. some one rings me during the day. I may have some part in my hands at that time. after the phone conversation I cant remember where I put the part so its better to just carry on with what I'm doing and reply later in the evening

Quote Originally Posted by phil384 View Post
    .funny thing is I only found this thread because I searched for airtech. I wanted to know people's thoughts on the company. I was looking for a longer cylinder for my Ultra.

I think I'll take a rain check on that one!
    your welcome to use who you want

I once made a query with XTX regarding a REG for my Regal XL and was told that very little would be gained by putting a regulator in my version of the Regal. The gun is very consistent from 180 to 120 bar, with about 90 shots. So I thanked him most sincerely and left the matter at that.

A.G
    is that right funny how other people who have had a reg fitted say otherwise