Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    It was a suggestion that you should check it out yourself with pellets that could give more energy. The JSB /Air Arms Heavy is just one. Dont panic - yet.
    you of all people john will or should know if the reg is set up correctly with the limited air volume you will very unlikely go over 12ft the paperwork states its under 12ft when it left me

Still a chance not worth risking for the sake of a quick check. Getting the Regal confiscated on top of everything else would take the biscuit
    the regal would not be confiscated as there is paperwork with a date stating the rifle is under 12ft along with the rfd details who set it up. the rifle was set with 8,4 diabolo field so that would be what the rifle would be tested with

Quote Originally Posted by Baldie1 View Post
    Was he not on Judge Rinder for bad workmanship???

Dave
    yes probably

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    If it a Daystate and it is shooting @ 11.6 with the 8.44s chances are that it may just go FAC with the Heavies. The Heavies add 0.4~0.7 ft.lbs to the 8.44 output depending on the gun, barrel length and Reg pressure.

A.G
    this is not always the case. when I set up a R10 or ultra I often find 7.9 and 8.4 give close ftlbs and then firing a heavy the power actually goes down not up I have proven that many times with customers watching

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    If it is FAC he will have to remedy the situation, or face you reporting such facts to the police force where he lives and possibly losing his RFD license...

Bowkett finds the most efficient and accurate pellet and sets the gun up for that! Admittedly Bowkett does not work on Daystates, Air Arms, HWs, Theobens, Hatsans, Evanix, Logun, only BSA and certain Titans...
    exactly the same here I find the pellet that works the best with the regulator and new valve system I then set the power according to that pellet normally mid range 11,5 as that rifle is. the police can and have looked at my rfd as I'm a rifle manufacturer and power issues has often been brought up by myself paperwork and figures in my book state its under 12ft if that's good enough for my police force then its also good enough for me. but if he wants it turned down he only has to ask its that simple

Quote Originally Posted by DEGS View Post
    Carl sorted my Scorpion ...its sweet and smooth at 11.4 with jsb exacts.,...

and totally and unbelievably accurate and quiet with one of his shrouds / inbuilt strippers ...indoor its pellet on pellet up to and at 50m

Unfortunately, yes there was some communication breakdown (he could improve here) ...and I was forgotten .... and it took some reminders and nudges
    to find out where things were up to and when I could get my rifle back ....he did have some personal goings on at this time.
    ..... my rifle was never finished as expected ...and still remains unfinished by means of matting off that's all.

His work is exceptionally good, he is, as I found, a very very skilled man(rolls Royce background) and he has the patience, if you drop your rifle off, to talk
    you through everything you want doing and he will demonstrate how he will do it.....plus more of his experience and skills

As a guy ...hes top drawer.

I personally found some short comings with his customer service .....that don't make him a bad guy
    Hes likely to be juggling several things at once within his life.

As an airgun tuning business, yes things could be improved .....but this is secondary to his normal business.

I don't want to look like I am making excuse for him .,..I myself have been disappointed .....but maybe there is
    not total clarity here ?

Carl .... without wanting to be blunt.... listen to your customers
    You let me down ... from reading this thread you have let others down ....maybe you could promote your exceptional skills
    by improving your customer service....

Hope this isn't taken as a slagging off .... just a personal experience.
    Degs I have already taken note of the comments yes my communication is shit and that's something maybe I need to look into. but I'm the tea boy the gofer the receptionist the e mail answerer the designer the worker the problem solver the free advice giver this is my normal 12 hour day then there are days I have other commitments beyond my control. as you know my own rifles are about to be re launched and so far I have orders for them. the rifle range and shop has been approved by the police and council so that too is going ahead. even with the negative comments looks like I have my work cut out for the next couple of years... but don't get me wrong people can use who they want I'm not the only person that works on rifles

secretagentmole Guest
    As far as I am aware the excuse "Airtech set it up to be at 11.5 ft lb with pellet brand X" has never and can never be a legal defence when the rifle is found to be over 12 ft lb with another brand of pellets that are commercially available...

What is his normal business - making gunstocks.
    Seriously, if he cant handle running two businesses he should concentrate on just the one and not let people down.
    of course its not john you already know I have a engineering company and air guns is more of a passion of mine. its not that I could make a good living with what I charge for my airgun work. my living is from engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    Bit of a funny one this.
    Another tuner i.e. The Ratworks had a right old slagging off by his supporters on another forum.how the worm turns.
    we all get a slagging off. you cannot please everyone.

I have a BSA R10 mk2 that was regged and shrouded by Airtech.

It is bloody brilliant in all respects. Accurate, efficient with air, consistent and graveyard quiet.

Carl has the skills no doubt. He just needs perhaps to improve client interaction and job planning.

anyway ime out of this.. if he wants it turning down on power he has my number. if he wants to report it to whoever then he can as it left my place at under the uk limit. the paperwork proves this

Rifle range

Hi Carl have i just read you setting up a rifle range is to be opened to the public if so keep us informed.

All I ever wanted was what I sent you back !

With the parts that appear to go missing at your end is it a .177 rifle by chance?

Well all his replies didn't come across very well.
    Won't be using his service.

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    degs i have already taken note of the comments yes my communication is shit and that's something maybe i need to look into. But i'm the tea boy the gofer the receptionist the e mail answerer the designer the worker the problem solver the free advice giver this is my normal 12 hour day then there are days i have other commitments beyond my control. As you know my own rifles are about to be re launched and so far i have orders for them. The rifle range and shop has been approved by the police and council so that too is going ahead. Even with the negative comments looks like i have my work cut out for the next couple of years... But don't get me wrong people can use who they want i'm not the only person that works on rifles
    omg. 😳