Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Airtech regged regal - my experience and not impressed at all

Quote Originally Posted by ukace1958 View Post
    think this tread should be closed , as its turned into a witch hunt, and is going no where
    On the contrary, I have found it very illuminating, particularly the responses from the chap who's integrity is in question.

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    Too right I offer a solution he seems to want to ignore it but he is still quick at keeping the negatives coming in from people who don't know me and have had nothing done by me.
    I originally said to me no discernible difference but never claimed to be the best shot, someone out there could tell the difference and I would stand corrected I have no problem with that. Well there is also the bit about the airstream not fitting anymore.

I could forgo that as hey that's part of the work, all I ever wanted was my mag back.

Ps Airstream now for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Luciano View Post
    Not much different from before as far as I can see, shot pretty well before, kind of wish I had left alone or waited for XTX to come back on the market
    Here you go

I will chrono it and see which side of fac it lands, to be honest I am expecting it to be on the right side hope I am right!
    Balanced?

Balanced?
    I have offered a solution to the problem that you seem to ignore so I will leave it in your hands. I have spent more than enough time on this so I won't be replying to any more messages

Quote Originally Posted by airtech View Post
    I have offered a solution to the problem that you seem to ignore so I will leave it in your hands. I have spent more than enough time on this so I won't be replying to any more messages
    And my solution a .177 regal mag, mentioned above so many times.

Please look at any posts I have made since joining this site or for that matter any other site this is the first comments of this type ever
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 24-05-2017 at 08:16 AM.

think this tread should be closed , as its turned into a witch hunt, and is going no where
    How is it a witch hunt? A lot of people have had a lot of problems and theyre only sharing there dealings. If you want to be messed about or wait for ever for work then that's your choice.

secretagentmole Guest
    No it is a magazine hunt, no ducking stools involved at all!

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    No it is a magazine hunt, no ducking stools involved at all!
    So how do you know the mag was sent in the first place , you don't and this is why i said if you got a beef with airtech then post negative comments if not don't post at all

All for a Magazine

As a out side looking in why not agree to disagree or why not split the difference and go 50/50 on the mag as a sign of good faith.

I had the same he said she said issue with a certain rifle maker over a missing magazine that strangely went back with the rifle but did not come home when it was returned.

After a ping pong game played with emails that went on for a very very long time they finally gave in.

Daystate magazines are not cheap in any way shape or form and in these days every penny counts.

Now the chap who did the work says he did not get the magazine with the rifle the chap who sent the rifle and magazine is adamant the he did send it the question is the tuner is losing his street credibility every time he posts and and possibly losing trade and money. The magazine owner is getting fed up and rightly so no one expects to lose expensive kit.

So agree to disagree go halves on a mag and shake hands like gentlemen.

Whilst I'm on what's the cost of a tune foe a Wolverine B type mark 1,

Quote Originally Posted by sandyman1963 View Post
    As a out side looking in why not agree to disagree or why not split the difference and go 50/50 on the mag as a sign of good faith.

I had the same he said she said issue with a certain rifle maker over a missing magazine that strangely went back with the rifle but did not come home when it was returned.

After a ping pong game played with emails that went on for a very very long time they finally gave in.

Daystate magazines are not cheap in any way shape or form and in these days every penny counts.

Now the chap who did the work says he did not get the magazine with the rifle the chap who sent the rifle and magazine is adamant the he did send it the question is the tuner is losing his street credibility every time he posts and and possibly losing trade and money. The magazine owner is getting fed up and rightly so no one expects to lose expensive kit.

So agree to disagree go halves on a mag and shake hands like gentlemen.

Whilst I'm on what's the cost of a tune foe a Wolverine B type mark 1,
    So you got yours back 100% and I accept 50% hmm are you a divorce lawyer ? I only want my mag that's all I have ever wanted! Hey ho such is life you pays your money you take your chance - caveat emptor inter alia

Ps nice touch with the wolverine bit, I have heard best not to send a mag with it though, just what I have heard. I would add lol but I am all lolled out
    Last edited by Lucky Luciano; 24-05-2017 at 11:57 PM.

Degs I have already taken note of the comments yes my communication is shit and that's something maybe I need to look into. but I'm the tea boy the gofer the receptionist the e mail answerer the designer the worker the problem solver the free advice giver this is my normal 12 hour day then there are days I have other commitments beyond my control. as you know my own rifles are about to be re launched and so far I have orders for them. the rifle range and shop has been approved by the police and council so that too is going ahead. even with the negative comments looks like I have my work cut out for the next couple of years... but don't get me wrong people can use who they want I'm not the only person that works on rifles

Oh dear ....
    just came back to this ... boy has it escalated.....
    Carl in my post ..... I gave you praise for your work and your skills on a whole........and then my honest experience.
    You illustrate back with this answer .... which is exactly what some folk are saying "yes my communication is shit and that's something maybe I need to look into"
    You are obviously juggling many things ..... and dropping a few balls along the way ....
    I tried to simply offer maybe a suggestion (to listen) which could help in the future....
    Like I said it doesn't make you a bad person.

Its not really fair that some with no experience of your services ... good or bad .....have chipped in and stirred your hornets nest.
    It is however, a part of forum culture with any forum any topic.....

I wish you all the success with your new undercover range & your new range of rifles we talked about. (and I am still interested in the FAC we talked about)..... and I wish you luck with your other things you have on the go.
    If all your projects take off at once you are gonna need some real help fella to run things.

I made clear I wasn't slagging you off ...
    Its unfortunate, as I think now that this is how you have interpreted it.
    I have met you and as a person I feel I could get on with you no problem ......
    If I lived nearer ... I would be calling round to chat some more....I do not have a major axe to grind.
    But you are a 4 hour round trip ....plus fuel costs ...so my small amount of work on my rifle to be finished .... I cut my losses.
    I really hope all this blows over for you .....and you can get on with these new ventures.
    Best of luck Carl

For what its worth
    I also run my own business so I know how demanding it can be sometimes into the early hours ...... and how much organising with customers
    adds on to the daily tasks .....and then to still try and have a personal life too ....
    But like you .....I chose to be self employed .....

can some one tell me why send the mag with the action if you dont need or use the mag when testing ?

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    So how do you know the mag was sent in the first place , you don't and this is why i said if you got a beef with airtech then post negative comments if not don't post at all
    Because old fruit it makes sense to send a magazine with the gun you are having tuned, Bowkett asks for all magazines used with the gun he is tuning to be supplied, so that alignment can be checked, same with many other tuners. Indeed I would be rather suspicious of any tuner who did not ask for a magazine.

The OP opened up stating his magazine was missing, now you do not make a statement like that uynless you are sure you sent it.

I am sure that Airtech's work is good enough to satisfy those who have had it done and all the parts sent back. However there seems to be dissent on here as to the number of times he actually does send all the parts back.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ronnie12342003 View Post
    can some one tell me why send the mag with the action if you dont need or use the mag when testing ?
    Because most tuners check the alignment of the magazine with the breech/barrel to ensure no clipping when loading.