Thread: German prewar air pistol trivia

German prewar air pistol trivia

I knew that there was one area of Germany that had a strong gun making tradition. I am thinking of doing a UTube comparing the Haenel 28 to the Tell 3. In looking up where each gun was made I found that Suhl (Haenel) and Zella-Mehlis (Tell 3) are less than 5 miles apart. During WW2, 10 different weapons manufacturers in the two towns were combined into a coordinated effort for production, probably not air pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by 45flint View Post
    I knew that there was one area of Germany that had a strong gun making tradition. I am thinking of doing a UTube comparing the Haenel 28 to the Tell 3. In looking up where each gun was made I found that Suhl (Haenel) and Zella-Mehlis (Tell 3) are less than 5 miles apart. During WW2, 10 different weapons manufacturers in the two towns were combined into a coordinated effort for production, probably not air pistols.
    Have a read of this, and this, Steve, by the great airgun historian John Walter.
    Last edited by Garvin; 18-05-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.