Thread: For anyone having problems with an Airsporter Mk1 trigger....

For anyone having problems with an Airsporter Mk1 trigger....

Please see here and here, pictures of a simple modification I made which gives a more positive cocking action and crisper let-off.

P.S.when you see the pop-up screen, scroll to the bottom and click on 'No thanks, continue to view.'
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Give us a clue?
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Give us a clue?
    Looks like he has installed an extra coil spring to act on the trigger pull.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thought it was in the wrong place!! I was looking for an extra sear or something.
    Some of my airsporters seem to have really good triggers and others terrible. Some seem to respond to adjustment and others feel heavy whatever you do.
    The later plastic triggers give a vagueness that is supposed to feel like a two stage but doesn't!
    Any improvements have got to be a good idea.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Give us a clue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Looks like he has installed an extra coil spring to act on the trigger pull.

Baz
    Yes, sorry, I should have explained it. I found the trigger action a bit 'lazy' when cocking, as if the usual spring didn't have enough oomph, so I installed the axial spring to give it a boost. Having done so, I found the let-off a bit crisper, too.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Airsporter1st View Post
    Yes, sorry, I should have explained it. I found the trigger action a bit 'lazy' when cocking, as if the usual spring didn't have enough oomph, so I installed the axial spring to give it a boost. Having done so, I found the let-off a bit crisper, too.
    Hi Paul,

Another thing that can help is a careful stone and polish of the working edges, and tweaking the original "hairspring" with long nose pliers to load them more as they get lazy as you describe....I have a box of new ones somewhere, but cannot find the things!

Where did you source the coil from, ie. the data may be useful for anyone looking at this thread and thinking about doing it.

ATB, Ed

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Paul,

Another thing that can help is a careful stone and polish of the working edges, and tweaking the original "hairspring" with long nose pliers to load them more as they get lazy as you describe....I have a box of new ones somewhere, but cannot find the things!

Where did you source the coil from, ie. the data may be useful for anyone looking at this thread and thinking about doing it.

ATB, Ed
    Hi Ed. It would be great if you could find your box of new springs - they are becoming expensive.

I did that mod a long time ago and later sold the gun. I only found the pictures yesterday. The spring was one I took from a box of assorted springs I'd bought 30 years before and unfortunately I didn't think to measure it. I posted the pics so others can see the principle and may give it a go if they have similar problems.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Paul,

ATB, Ed
    Ed, virtually any spring diameter that fits within the width of the trigger material and can sit into a drilled socket in the trigger frame will work. I have hundreds of sizes, could post you one if you want to do this mod. Small springs are the treasure of anyone who works on many types of airguns, and you need to be seeking them wherever you can find them. I have bought a lot at boot sales from old guys selling tools and hardware. Also a lot of household items contain small springs like liquid soap dispensers and the ubiquitous ball pen.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD