Thread: Re-parallax query

Re-parallax query

Looking at getting an Optimate 8x56 reparallaxed to 35yds professionally. Don't want to do it myself. Any recommendations? Likely cost? Thanks

It's really simple IF the front lock ring comes undone by hand.

Move the front lens forward to obtain zero parrellax point closer to scope.

Seriously it is really really easy.

I was scared too but don't be.

Just undo the front locking ring with a strap wrench and adjust to desired position.

Same here, did the first one and was really flapping, but it was soo easy!

Get one of these, or something similar
    https://www.powertoolsdirect.com/boa...FYE4Gwodv5gMlQ
    Loosen the locking ring with it.
    Wind the objective out, only need to do fractions of a turn at a time, till you're happy with the parralax.
    Tighten the locking ring.

I've done this with cheapos and more expensive scopes, it's a piece of cake and nothing to worry about. Sometimes the locking ring is very tight though.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

JMH123,

It really is that easy

Years ago, when I got my Simmons Whitetail Classic, I rang Simmons up about getting it re-parallaxed to 35 meters.

No problem they said, but why not do it yourself, it would take only a few minutes ?

He gave me the instructions over the phone, and bugger me, it really was that easy

One thing to note, is that when you adjust the objective, you may have to adjust the ocular focus to get the reticule sharp again - at least I had to do that.

Best of luck

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

OK guys I might give it a go!
    Doesn't it break the gas seal?
    How do I accurately set it to 35 yards? Just by focus?
    Thanks for all the advice!

re parallax

Bushnell 4-14x42 Laser Riflescope

I have the above scope and would it be possible to re parallax it to 20 yds??
    Would be grateful to hear how too??

If the scope has been designed to set the parallax by the adjusting the position of the front cell then it is rather easy to reset the parallax as suggested.
    Some scopes have adjustable side parallax wheel but have been set to a minimum of lets say 35 ~50 yards and they way these work is by altering the position of some internal elements so some caution has to be applied.
    Once you have reset the parallax do make sure that any gap in the threads is sealed up, a few rounds of clear sticky tape will do it.

A.G

This scope is fixed focus.

To set the parrellax to a specific distance (reducing it from its preset), set the scope up so that it doesn't move, rested on a table or rest your gun on a table.

Point it at any object that sits at the distance you wish to use it at, ie 30 yards.

Move the front lens out slowly an eighth of a turn at a time, keep returning to the view through the scope and move your eye up, down, left and right and watch what the crossbars do.

As you approach the correct parrellax the crossbars will stop moving around at the point you see in the scope.

If you pass the point of no parrellax the movement will return again. If this happens.move the front lens in slowly to find the sweet spot.

This even worked for me on a pistol scope that was parrellaxed to some daft distance.

Little knob

The answer is get a little knob on the side of the scope, they are brilliant. Failing that focus it (as above) I had an accuracy problem and it turned out the gun was out of vertical with the scope. a bit of white string hanging at the distance you need to focus helps to aligne the crosshairs but make sure the gun is level. It made a big difference to my shooting.
    Last edited by FrankG; 25-05-2017 at 05:52 PM.