Thread: Valuation please hw80k .177 1983

Barrow Bury St Edmunds duck hunting central

Valuation please hw80k .177 1983

Valuation please for this 1983 hw80k 0.177. as shown most bluing is there, few marks, and grub screw for the silencer has left a mark at end of barrel. Stock is original finish with marks etc, not cracked. With silencer, and open sights. Fires, and appears to have power. I found it accurate with open sights.
    I am selling a couple to fund a more up to date rifle for my 10 year old as he has done well on the local range, and it seems cruel to keep making him use HW77's when everyone else has a pcp (I will continue with my hw77 however). I will be offering collection or postage and will list it on BBS.

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/wat.../library/Hw80k
    When your world is full of strange arrangements

And gravity won't pull you through

Interesting, I didn't know they made the 'K' model that early on in what we call the MK2 production.

I'd say, as pictured, you're looking at £200 +/- £25, for a private sale.

HTH

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I think that K was the 16" barrel, vs the regular 19".
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Well used, not a MK1 stock so similar to later ones. My view £180 tops.

Well worn not much more for a new one around £150 as the stock is wrong and £15 for the silencer

Respectfully, I don't believe the stock is wrong. The gun looks correct to me.

It's not a MK1 action, as it has 3 arrestor stud holes - while the MK1 HW80 has 2.

It's not a MK1 barrel, as the MK1 wasn't offered in a 'K' version (as far as I know).

And the MK1 was only made for around 2 years. 1980-1982.

I would say its a MK11,the West German stamped rifles were mid eighties rifles.

John Darling was still using the HW35 in 1983 until the 80 later on in that year.

Just my opinion but I think its later than 1983 which is not what the numbers suggest & its value in the range of £160.00 .