Thread: Short-stroking a .177 HW95K?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Short-stroking a .177 HW95K?

I have a .177 95K that feels fairly nice and smooth to shoot, but is rather hold sensitive - I was thinking of fitting one of TB's short stroke kits to try and rectify this.

Anyone fitted one of these kits to the above gun?
    Did it help with the hold-sensitivity?
    Am I likely to have to cut the spring down? Not a problem if so, just a bit tedious as I have to take the spring to work and wait to test it at home.

If I can get it to shoot half as nicely as the .22 95 I bought from DJP recently I will be very pleased, though I realise it's quite a difference in spring power needed.

All input appreciated
    Good deals with these members

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks Jon, I did see that thread when it was running but didn't see anything about a .177 95K specifically - but I assume the same applies then?

My 95 is in .22 so this may not be relevant to a .177. I had a very sweet feeling, very accurate 95 with just a normal VMach kit fitted and, having been assured that it would "completely transform it" by someone at the Boinger Bash who had done it, I fitted the short stroke kit. It transformed it to an even sweeter feeling gun, which scatters pellets all over the range with no regard at all to where the gun is pointing. Seems to have increased hold sensitivity, not decreased it! I did have to increase preload quite a bit to maintain power, which still isn't back to where it was, so I don't think you will need to shorten the spring. I shall be removing the extension next time I have half an hour to spare in the shed, and I hope this will restore the previous accuracy.

well, I stuck a .177 barrel on mine, and it only lost about 0.5 FP

I think the k would benefit more than the full length, as it's way too jumpy with so little weight up front.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

OK I'll go for it then - nothing ventured nothing gained!

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    OK I'll go for it then - nothing ventured nothing gained!
    if you like a snappier cycle go with 12mm. If you like things a little softer, go with 10mm - will also be a little easier to cock on a K

Fit the spring guides only and add weight up front, either get a heavier (steel) silencer or do as I did which was to remove the centre hair curler in the silencer and replace it with a metal weight !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    I short stroked my 98 with the TBT kit.
    Worked well after I re-sized the piston seal. Smooth fast and accurate. Similar recoil to my stroked TX200.
    I removed about 1.5 coils from the spring supplied in the kit

Pete
    Pete