Thread: Casting pistol grips,Webley + Warrior

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays

Casting pistol grips,Webley + Warrior

I have cast a number of replica grips and recently Guy (Ggggr) has been after a pair of Junior Tin grips. It would be possible to cast a resin pair which do the job but it's often not worth making one of anything so I was just wondering if anyone else has a Tin gripped Junior with missing or damaged grips?
    Once the moulds are made they don't last forever,they do deteriorate so I just do a small batch of something and then don't make any more.
    So far Webley wise I've made standard Junior grips,pre and post war slants and Pre war Senior/Mk2 Target straights(which also fit the straight Mk1 if ya woods no good) and grips for the A&S Warrior as it appears the original horn can delaminate.
    Atb Phil

PS just to clarify this isn't a sales pitch,I don't sell any of them.

Some time ago another BBS member, I can't remember who, cast some resin grips for Webley air pistols, examples of which I've seen, and they were very good reproductions in several colours, mainly black or white.
    I wouldn't have thought a set of resin grips would look anything like the original tin grips. A set of wood grips would be more appropriate, even though the serial number would probably show they were not original to the pistol.
    The White grips looked very much the part on chromed pistols, although not really my cup of tea.

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    Yes I can't remember who it was either now,I did find out and messaged them a couple of years ago. Yes youre right there's no way the resin is going to look like the tin grips themselves,the thought was more towards making something usable. Atb Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    Some time ago another BBS member, I can't remember who, cast some resin grips for Webley air pistols, examples of which I've seen, and they were very good reproductions in several colours, mainly black or white.
    I wouldn't have thought a set of resin grips would look anything like the original tin grips. A set of wood grips would be more appropriate, even though the serial number would probably show they were not original to the pistol.
    The White grips looked very much the part on chromed pistols, although not really my cup of tea.
    http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...psogz2r2dn.jpg..http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/...pswgqssvyo.jpg
    yes they did,although mine is nickel plated,i think the chaps username was GarryP,cheers greasemonkey..
    Last edited by greasemonkey; 20-05-2017 at 06:53 PM.
    more guns than you can shake a stick at!