Thread: 2017...A great (Theoben gas rammer) year!

2017...A great (Theoben gas rammer) year!

Very, very pleased to have my 2nd Imperator FT, nearly a month after acquiring the first! I was not looking for either, but rather came across them by chance. Getting close to sealing the deal on a mint, older SLR 98 (.22 cal) in a lovely Hyedua stock. Also came across by happenstance. Moral of the story: one shouldn't look so hard, or 2017 is my lucky year :-) I used to use Photobucket to post pics, but it seems very slow these days, if I can find a way to post pics I'll do just that!

J

Good news you've picked up some real classics and very desireable, i've bought two SLR98's this year and i'm well happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Good news you've picked up some real classics and very desireable, i've bought two SLR98's this year and i'm well happy with them.
    Congrats Duggan! Great guns, aren't they? Do you have one in each caliber? I have sometimes wondered if the UK power SLRs have lighter pistons than the ones exported to the US. Hmmm. Perhaps it is just the ram pressure that makes the distinction.

A while back, I recall seeing Ben Taylor's SLR 98 in .22 cal for sale. It had the most amazing Hyedua stock, in the sunlight it was just plain gorgeous. I wished I was in the UK at that time, as I'd have had a fighting chance to own it ;-)