Thread: Why a springer?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Can I be honest ?
    I do "hunting" and have done all my life, its what I do, be it shooting, deer stalking, fishing, field sports or otherwise.

So, in answer to Nick's question I say;
    After years of using spring powered air rifles, I began to use Theoben Rapid 7 PCP's and what a revalation they were over spring airguns !
    I eventually had four R7's ending up with a dedicated left hand .177 MRF.
    But things move on and I decided to apply for my Ticket with the intention of upgrading to an R7 .22 30 ft lb air rifle.
    However, after a few hours shooting with a nice Rimfire, I decided that this was the way to go for me and I duely bought a left handed CZ 452 American .22LR rifle complete with a Meopta Artimiss 2000 7 x 50 scope and it was Brilliant, so much so I put away air rifles in respect to hunting and went with the Rimmie when ever I could !
    I eventually went through four various rimfire CZ's using 14", 16" and 21" barrels and settled on the full lenghth 21" for all my rabbit hunting coupled with a SAK moddy. I used many scopes with this setup but settled on a Zeiss Klassik 3-12x50 which I had surplus at that time.

This combo I trust and I've no intention to change it...job done !

Having said ALL this, I love shooting springers, have done all my life and will continue to do so. I've made good friends through shooting airguns, I've become a member of a terrific local club and being recently retired, I get a great deal of pleasure from these experiances !

The Quigley Hollow Spring Meets are also a great deal of fun and are to be recommended !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 21-05-2017 at 03:52 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………