Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why a springer?

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
    ...Missing is essential and the springer's the tool for that job and long may it last!
    Good points, well made!
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I know my reasons why. What's yours?
    Cos I don't like Cockers!!!

Opps sorry wrong type of springer.
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

It's what I'm addicted to, I think primarily because it's what I grew up shooting and even though I had my first chezk rifle at the age of 5 �� I think I began shooting with my dads donkey dart kicking gat gun!

They just have soul and caractor and they make you try hard every single shot where as a Pcp is way too easy. All you worry with a pcp is for windage and range.

You can tinker till your hearts content with a springer and make its shot cycle what you want it to feel like , fast slow , harsh , smooth, high power , low power trigger tuning, transfere port tuning ect ect ..all you do with a pcp is want as many shots as possible with a good consistant spread and let's face it they all have bloody nice triggers, and mostly 98% of them feel lifeless. (I have some beutifal precharge rifles of all types and I use non of them as I always reach out to my springers) ��

PS . I really could go on....but I won't

Atb
    Daniel

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    You do realise that the only reason Nick started this thread is so he knows who to badger the crap out of to buy his kits

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

He'll be a bit buggered if a few say, "I love the twang. Oh yeah, it's the twang thst does it for me. Thr louder the better. And if it kicks in your shoulder and rattles your cheek and teeth, well, that's nirvana. Thems guns that kick hardest and is loudest is more parful, in'it?"
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by neil9629 View Post
    Pcp is too easy, I like having to actually shoot the gun.
    This is precisely right. Recoil and managing it is all part of shooting, but I accept the PCP provides consistent clinical accuracy that FT shooters demand, and rightfully so.

Total enjoyment of finding old bangers and spending time trying to bring them back to somewhere near to their former glory or not

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I know my reasons why. What's yours?
    They got soul

Quote Originally Posted by Steve1962 View Post
    Total enjoyment of finding old bangers and spending time trying to bring them back to somewhere near to their former glory or not
    that's why I married the wife

Quote Originally Posted by StellaArtois Sr View Post
    I get so much satisfaction from hitting a one penny piece thats laying on it's side at 60 yards than I would with a PCP.
    Blimey!

If I could do that with any gun - not that I have ever tried - I think I'd quit while I was ahead!

Hombre
    Mind you, depends on which era the penny comes from - like that would make all the difference!!
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

Quote Originally Posted by BALD ERIC View Post
    that's why I married the wife
    The old one's are the best ones.
    Made me laugh out loud though - very non PC(P) - so much funnier

Hombre
    I'm not stuck in the past, I just prefer it.

I have only spring guns now done the pcp thing got bored went back to springers find they all are a bit different ,Two of my 97's have cs stocks and are v- glided in fact they are identical but to shoot them is like chalk and cheese, both nice but different