Thread: Bsa. Awc mercury 635 magnum .25.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bsa. Awc mercury 635 magnum .25.

Just discoverd in the collection of a dear friend who passed away 18 months ago. A BSA 635 magnum .25 in minty condition with a very early
    serial number.Having words with his widow it could be for sale in the near future she is still very attached to some of his items.There is also loads of others as soon as i can sort them, i get first choice but have far to many as it is and i am going to down size my collection the wife is getting a bit niggly.
    Would the value be about £400 in this near new condition. ser. no 1024.BSAs of this era started at 1000 i believe so its no.24 off the production line.1985.

They're not that rare, even boxed I doubt it's worth more than £300 max.

Flogger

I have sent you a PM

Bsa .25

BSA .25's do in fact go for an awful lot .
    Any earlier Mercury ( Man Air custom tweaked ) , Cobra Strike Magnum ( L J Cammell ) or these later railed BSA own all seem to have a following now .
    And if Boxed
    Man , I wish lived in your neck of the woods Junglie

My freind got a tatty cobra strike for £20 with spare .22 barrel thrown in.My decent, but low on power(broken mainspring) & rust specked 635 was £150 & I sold it fully fettled & re-blued for £200 but the stock did have a few blemishes from use. What guns are advertised for & what they actually sell for often differs. Don't belive every price you read on t'internet.

Aye.. then I just bought it for 250! Lol.. fact is .25s ARE rarer than .177 and .22 and rarer even than .20..... at least in springer format. You just have to read all that shecht about loopy trajectories and see that it puts lots of people off... newsflash.. EVERY calibre has a loopy trajectory... holdover is holdover- learn it and have fun!
    I would say that if the gun in the OPs post was boxed it would be encroaching the 400 mark..like always though, the caveat is in the condition. If it truly is an unused very good condition gun that has been maintained (no crumbled buffer washer/seized/scored piston) then it may very well hit the 300 mark..
    I'd wait for John & Josie and Garvin to chip in before posting for sale
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    My freind got a tatty cobra strike for £20 with spare .22 barrel thrown in.My decent, but low on power(broken mainspring) & rust specked 635 was £150 & I sold it fully fettled & re-blued for £200 but the stock did have a few blemishes from use. What guns are advertised for & what they actually sell for often differs. Don't belive every price you read on t'internet.
    Well you just lucky thats all -
    A 635 Magnum - with blemishes - you sold for £200 !
    I'd say I wouldn't mind doing some cash deals with you Sir , but would feel guilty at fleecing you .
    Mind I don't mind drifting up your way with a bundle of squids.
    South of Birmingham you'd be chased and skinned alive if you tried to buy our guns for this sort of money quoted

Anything .25 British Classic Springer is RARE .
    Others can tell you why .
    And the high Prices are EXACTLY what others are paying now - both online and offline .
    A boxed Stutzen .25 for a GRAND . Yes
    Unboxed one - here on BBS £650
    I could go on but you'l find out soon enough yur self - one day .