Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa. Awc mercury 635 magnum .25.

Bsa. Awc mercury 635 magnum .25.

Just discoverd in the collection of a dear friend who passed away 18 months ago. A BSA 635 magnum .25 in minty condition with a very early
    serial number.Having words with his widow it could be for sale in the near future she is still very attached to some of his items.There is also loads of others as soon as i can sort them, i get first choice but have far to many as it is and i am going to down size my collection the wife is getting a bit niggly.
    Would the value be about £400 in this near new condition. ser. no 1024.BSAs of this era started at 1000 i believe so its no.24 off the production line.1985.

They're not that rare, even boxed I doubt it's worth more than £300 max.

Flogger

I have sent you a PM

Bsa .25

BSA .25's do in fact go for an awful lot .
    Any earlier Mercury ( Man Air custom tweaked ) , Cobra Strike Magnum ( L J Cammell ) or these later railed BSA own all seem to have a following now .
    And if Boxed
    Man , I wish lived in your neck of the woods Junglie

My freind got a tatty cobra strike for £20 with spare .22 barrel thrown in.My decent, but low on power(broken mainspring) & rust specked 635 was £150 & I sold it fully fettled & re-blued for £200 but the stock did have a few blemishes from use. What guns are advertised for & what they actually sell for often differs. Don't belive every price you read on t'internet.

Aye.. then I just bought it for 250! Lol.. fact is .25s ARE rarer than .177 and .22 and rarer even than .20..... at least in springer format. You just have to read all that shecht about loopy trajectories and see that it puts lots of people off... newsflash.. EVERY calibre has a loopy trajectory... holdover is holdover- learn it and have fun!
    I would say that if the gun in the OPs post was boxed it would be encroaching the 400 mark..like always though, the caveat is in the condition. If it truly is an unused very good condition gun that has been maintained (no crumbled buffer washer/seized/scored piston) then it may very well hit the 300 mark..
    I'd wait for John & Josie and Garvin to chip in before posting for sale
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by junglie View Post
    My freind got a tatty cobra strike for £20 with spare .22 barrel thrown in.My decent, but low on power(broken mainspring) & rust specked 635 was £150 & I sold it fully fettled & re-blued for £200 but the stock did have a few blemishes from use. What guns are advertised for & what they actually sell for often differs. Don't belive every price you read on t'internet.
    Well you just lucky thats all -
    A 635 Magnum - with blemishes - you sold for £200 !
    I'd say I wouldn't mind doing some cash deals with you Sir , but would feel guilty at fleecing you .
    Mind I don't mind drifting up your way with a bundle of squids.
    South of Birmingham you'd be chased and skinned alive if you tried to buy our guns for this sort of money quoted

Anything .25 British Classic Springer is RARE .
    Others can tell you why .
    And the high Prices are EXACTLY what others are paying now - both online and offline .
    A boxed Stutzen .25 for a GRAND . Yes
    Unboxed one - here on BBS £650
    I could go on but you'l find out soon enough yur self - one day .

bsa.centenary .22.

Well said sir i agree.
    Ihave said before i have a .25 Stutzen rb2 mint in orig. carton with all its bits and pieces i have been offered £1000. for it but would not sell,the wife would only spend the cash on something useful. What i have got also is a boxed B.S.A. CENTENARY .22 minty condition with all its bits and pieces gun bag with handles and boxed, scope and mounts never fitted to gun. Would consider £1050.

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Well said sir i agree.
    Ihave said before i have a .25 Stutzen rb2 mint in orig. carton with all its bits and pieces i have been offered £1000. for it but would not sell,the wife would only spend the cash on something useful. What i have got also is a boxed B.S.A. CENTENARY .22 minty condition with all its bits and pieces gun bag with handles and boxed, scope and mounts never fitted to gun. Would consider £1050.

£1,000 for a .25 Stutzen which you say you turned down, and £1,050 for a complete Centenary kit in .22 (minty or not)? ... I've been on the collecting scene for a very long time, visit most of the collecting forums, regularly monitor ALL the leading Air Gun and aligned auctions on line, and imho, with reference to you potentially achieving those figures I have to say hmmmm, good luck with that (lol).

Ps. Ref the opening Q on this thread, I sold a near mint BSA 635 Magnum in .25 for £350 plus post late last year, and it took some serious advertising across the internet / gun press to realise this price, so there I believe is your realistic value -- give or take a few shekels (and plus post if not F2F ) ...

Last edited by Gareth W-B; 28-05-2017 at 08:16 AM. Reason: to ad post script.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Things happen fast

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    £1,000 for a .25 Stutzen which you say you turned down, and £1,050 for a complete Centenary kit in .22 (minty or not)? ... I've been on the collecting scene for a very long time, visit most of the collecting forums, regularly monitor ALL the leading Air Gun and aligned auctions on line, and imho, with reference to you potentially achieving those figures I have to say hmmmm, good luck with that (lol).

Ps. Ref the opening Q on this thread, I sold a near mint BSA 635 Magnum in .25 for £350 plus post late last year, and it took some serious advertising across the internet / gun press to realise this price, so there I believe is your realistic value -- give or take a few shekels (and plus post if not F2F ) ...

Well you must accept that these rarest classic British airguns are increasing in value as we speak . Only 1000 of the Centenary , only 100 - possibly less of , the .25 Stutzen - and most to export at that .
    Even Protek had a bog standard .22 tap loader Stutzen at what seemed to me to be an ott price of over £580 ....it was gone the next day .
    One member here offered me his Stutzen .25 for £650 .
    One on that Free ads you obviously missed in your regular monitoring went for near £600 what looked like only 'good' condition and bought by a member
    here .
    A Centenary - no interest to me but people do pay up if all bits there .
    For years these were underrated and sold off cheap , and no surprise that today that people are rediscovering them .
    Mind even a 635 in minty condition - you did 'okay' to well at £350 .

Quote Originally Posted by Jimny4x4 View Post
    Well you must accept that these rarest classic British airguns are increasing in value as we speak . Only 1000 of the Centenary , only 100 - possibly less of , the .25 Stutzen - and most to export at that .
    Even Protek had a bog standard .22 tap loader Stutzen at what seemed to me to be an ott price of over £580 ....it was gone the next day .
    One member here offered me his Stutzen .25 for £650 .
    One on that Free ads you obviously missed in your regular monitoring went for near £600 what looked like only 'good' condition and bought by a member
    here .
    A Centenary - no interest to me but people do pay up if all bits there .
    For years these were underrated and sold off cheap , and no surprise that today that people are rediscovering them .
    Mind even a 635 in minty condition - you did 'okay' to well at £350 .
    Uhh? ... Nahh, can't be bothered, as with your arguments, personally interpreted observations ( ), and mis-readings ( sold a 635 for £350, not bought ) it'd be too easy ( shooting fish in a barrel springs to mind ), so I'm going back to me BBQ, and I'll leave you to your Bank Holiday stew lol. Bye bye.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    As always with these things - a thing is worth what the purchaser is willing to pay and the seller is willing to accept - nothing more or less!

I have a Centenary and an even rarer (I believe) Carbine deluxe - their value to me is far more than their worth or whatever someone is prepared to pay (realistically) so I guess I will be custodian for a while! (I hope)

Wouldn't mind a .25 Airsporter sometime though!

ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Good take on it Airsporterman and well proffered.

I too have a few offerings in my modest collection that are worth more to me than their realistic re-sale value, and similarly, I have a couple of air guns that -- with hind sight -- I seriously over paid for because I really wanted them, so yep, purchase prices can be subjective, I agree, and like you, I've a few items that I am likely to be custodian of, by default, for many years to come, too (love the phrase custodian for what we do ).

Regarding my last post, then, don't mind me, as I was just being a bit of a wind-up by adopting the mantle of Devil's Advocate (couldn't resist a bit of Bank Holiday fishing lol ).

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Good take on it Airsporterman and well proffered.

I too have a few offerings in my modest collection that are worth more to me than their realistic re-sale value, and similarly, I have a couple of air guns that -- with hind sight -- I seriously over paid for because I really wanted them, so yep, purchase prices can be subjective, I agree, and like you, I've a few items that I am likely to be custodian of, by default, for many years to come, too (love the phrase custodian for what we do ).

Regarding my last post, then, don't mind me, as I was just being a bit of a wind-up by adopting the mantle of Devil's Advocate (couldn't resist a bit of Bank Holiday fishing lol ).
    Mind you 'Airsporteritis' can lower ones guard as I believe you are well aware Gareth!
    We had our first Bbq this year today - delicious!
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Indeed I do (lol ), and yep, BBQs and air gun collecting are defo two of the finer passtimes in life.