Thread: Webley 'Senior' Air Pistol, Boxed w/receipt valuation?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dont get these valuation threads ,for youre info i recently put up a premier in the same condition as yours(if not better) in a mint box had a fair few valuations all over the£250 that it finaly failed to sell for so make of that what you will.the box would prob go on e ~ay for 150

i see it lower around £225 tops as the box is tatty .I have sold nice ones for 250 cant see why people have said £300+ you have to have a retail outlet to get any near where that

Lot of difference between a valuation and what I am prepared to pay for it.
    But Forum won't let you ask that!

Quote Originally Posted by splosh! View Post
    cant see why people have said £300+ you have to have a retail outlet to get any near where that
    Isn't this an example of the distortion of the private market by retailers trying for - and appearing to find buyers at - prices hundreds of pounds more than we are used to paying? If a nice boxed Senior is advertised at £375 by J C Militaria then it seems possible that if you weren't in a hurry you might find a buyer for the private market equivalent at £300. Even if most of us wouldn't dream of paying more than, say, £200 for the same thing.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.