Thread: Lincoln jeffries No. 134

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Hi Danny, l have to agre with you. that it being the earliest one known, knocing my own down to the second earlist. that a real enthusiastically B.S.A collector would want this in their colection and might be willing to go higher. but maybe there are still some earlyer ones out there waiting to be discovered.
    Garvin and Micky,

I couldnt agree more. The real value of this gun is in the significance of its early serial number, and the fact that it was produced by George Lincoln Jeffries, in a model/type that influenced airgun design for decades afterwards.
    All of that might appeal more to really serious BSA collectors who might appreciate the significance of the rifle.

Most people, just wanting a "pre-war BSA underlever might want to hold out for one in slightly better condition, and maybe a representative model of the massively more common BSA Improved Model D.

H The Lincoln Air Rifles, are special to me and provide an actual link back to GLJ himself, which is priceless.

Valuing something like this is akin to trying to find an answer to "How long is a piece of string", no-one is right or wrong - its just opinions at the end of the day.....

Lakey

Thank you for your reply

Many thanks to all of you who posted interesting information on my L J no.134
    How do I go about selling the gun? Where would be the best place to find a serious collector that would appreciate this early model?