Thread: Webley Premier and early BSA Cadet models serial numbers ?

Webley Premier and early BSA Cadet models serial numbers ?

I have a Cadet Major, I think it is, serial number 015813.

Im aware the fact that it doesnt begin with a letter is unusual, but not sure f I have the model wrong,

I can post a pic of it if someone can show me how

Cadet serial number

The other rifle Im having trouble with is a Cadet, dont think its a major becuase it a lot smaller than the other.

serial number B64374,
    I think its a 46/47 but not sure.

I use to have a list of all the srial numbers but seem to have list it.

can someone help.

Webley pistol

I need help researching a Webley Premier, 5 pin, serial number 1183. its a .22

If someone could fill in the gaps for me I would appreciate it.

Ive looked at the usual sites but outcome is too general to be sure what Ive got

Quote Originally Posted by roger44 View Post
    I need help researching a Webley Premier, 5 pin, serial number 1183. its a .22

If someone could fill in the gaps for me I would appreciate it.

Ive looked at the usual sites but outcome is too general to be sure what Ive got
    Hello,

Unfortunately, Webley discontinued the use of Ser Nos after the war, so 1183 is a batch number and of no use in determining the manufacturing date.

I believe the first five pin Premiers were introduced in 1966, but you could look for an upper case letter stamping along side the trigger guard on the left hand side of the frame (A-F) which would help to more accurately date your pistol.

Regards
    Brian

The other rifle Im having trouble with is a Cadet, dont think its a major becuase it a lot smaller than the other.

serial number B64374,
    I think its a 46/47 but not sure.

I use to have a list of all the srial numbers but seem to have list it.

can someone help.
    The Cadet is as you say 1946-1947.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

Unfortunately, Webley discontinued the use of Ser Nos after the war, so 1183 is a batch number and of no use in determining the manufacturing date.

I believe the first five pin Premiers were introduced in 1966, but you could look for an upper case letter stamping along side the trigger guard on the left hand side of the frame (A-F) which would help to more accurately date your pistol.

Regards
    Brian
    Brian, there is a letter D

Brian, there is a letter D
    Hello,

The D series were made between 1966 - 1968 and were the first of the five pin Premiers.The fifth was a trigger stop pin which was something of an anomaly during a period when Webley were looking to reduce manufacturing operations and a trigger stop was probably not strictly necessary on this type of pistol. A neoprene breach washer also replaced the old leather washer used in earlier models. The stirrup barrel catch was now a sintered casting which was another attempt to reduce production costs, The D series would have been supplied in a cream labelled box with a components list and complimentary packet of sample pellets to complete the set.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Hello,

The D series were made between 1966 - 1968 and were the first of the five pin Premiers.The fifth was a trigger stop pin which was something of an anomaly during a period when Webley were looking to reduce manufacturing operations and a trigger stop was probably not strictly necessary on this type of pistol. A neoprene breach washer also replaced the old leather washer used in earlier models. The stirrup barrel catch was now a sintered casting which was another attempt to reduce production costs, The D series would have been supplied in a cream labelled box with a components list and complimentary packet of sample pellets to complete the set.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Brian
    many thanks brian, much appreciated