Thread: In the market for a new rifle

In the market for a new rifle

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to get a new .177 rifle I've narrowed it down to a hw100kt a hw110 or Hatsan gladius or a rotex rm8. I will be using it for target shooting an also with my xsight2.

What's your opinion

Odd mix.

I've been happy with my .177 Rotex.
    And you would then have a lot of spare cash.

But the 100 is the best.

I would consider the weight aspect especially if you doing a fair bit of walking at night , so maybe the KT.
    1 Rapid+sentinal n/v, 1 HW100+ Mamba lite

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by welshmikie View Post
    Hi everyone.

I'm looking to get a new .177 rifle I've narrowed it down to a hw100kt a hw110 or Hatsan gladius or a rotex rm8. I will be using it for target shooting an also with my xsight2.

What's your opinion
    HW100KT - classy piece of kit you will be proud to own. Buy that one.

HW110 - plastic breech. Probably OK functionally, but - ewwww!

Hatsan Gladius - ugly bullpup with lots of sharp edges, low resale value when you realise it isn't very nice.

Rotex RM8 - monkeymetal wannabe.

You get what you pay for, anything other than the HW100 will get moved on sooner or later ...

Can you not put an AnM cylinder on a 100 to balance it out better also and increase shot count???
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

secretagentmole Guest
    HW100, the best of the choices you have made.

There is only one I would choose HW 100 KT.
    Lloyd

Bought a 100KT and a 110 this year. 110 been faultless. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the 100 KT! Owned 100s bofore and these have all been faultless.
    R10SE .22 Tactical, Huma Regged, HW100 KT .177

For the same price as the rm8 I picked up a new webley raider 12 on Saturday, had a play on Sunday with it and I'm impressed with it so far, still got to do more testing with different pellets but it was ok with superdomes and I got 8 full 14 shot magazines out of a fill from 200 bar down to 100. It comes with 2 magazines and a single shot tray and a walnut stock.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1979 View Post
    For the same price as the rm8 I picked up a new webley raider 12 on Saturday, had a play on Sunday with it and I'm impressed with it so far, still got to do more testing with different pellets but it was ok with superdomes and I got 8 full 14 shot magazines out of a fill from 200 bar down to 100. It comes with 2 magazines and a single shot tray and a walnut stock.
    Or you can have a Hatsan AT44, which is the Raider.

I'll chuck another vote in for the HW100.

I sold a really nice KT because it was 'boringly accurate' (Yep - pillock ) - I spent a bit of time without a 100 then, I went out and bought a .177 full length sporter and put an A&M cyclinder on it

In my opinion, it's the best all-rounder available at the moment.

Good luck with your choice.

All of the above.

I have a HW100 and wouldn't be ashamed to have a 110. Seems to be a nice gun with many happy owners. I would probably buy a Hatsan if I could get it really, really, really cheap.

Gone an done it

Local dealer had a hw110 in .177 so I'm now the owner I've added my xsight2 so will be finishing the setup tomorrow thanks for all the advice

Nice one, I was going to say that i have had the oppotunity to shoot the hatsan's and I was not overly impressed with the groupings yet. That is comparing it to the old BSA superten and supersport that I used to shoot.

Having said that we are in the process of testing diffrent pellets, so I could stand corrected