Thread: Bluing

Bluing

Can i just say i asked all people where to to get a rifle re blued/ blacked.

i have a tx200 MK1 the chap that owned it passed away, i bought it from a family member off this site, when i heard the story of nicks uncle i promised i would restore it to 100% a1 condition. its not about the money i feel its about the history of the rifle.

i was recommend a chap by many people called Paul Chell for the re bluing / blacking, professionally done.

i dropped the rifle to Paul and not only did Paul Chell re black it to a very very high standard, better than most i have seen, but he also fitted a TBT tuning kit.

the kit was sent to Paul after we agreed to the blacking he fitted it with no issues, also refurbished the whole stock again to a really high standard.

paul has provided not only a bluing that we agreed to but then tuned my rifle, and refurbished my stock.

without going into detail I've fallen on hard times financially recently due to redundancy paul has even helped me out with the cost of this all, i can not thank him enough, a proper gent, who has sorted this rifle so much. thank you Paul
    Crosman 2240 modified, QB78 TH, Colt1911 black, Colt 1911Goverment A1, Gammo match pistol .177, Hamereli S26, Gamo PT85 Tactical,S400 carbine, Baikel Makarov Pistol, S&W 486 8", CP1, Original Diana 5, M712 Broomhandle, Hw45, KWC Mini UZI, Tx200 177, Crosman 600

He sounds like a gent

Both Gentlemen

I'm absolutely delighted to see this gun restored beyond it's original presentation. I'm thrilled that both lads have been kind enough to resurrect this beautiful gun to something to be proud of, my uncle would have been thrilled. A huge thank you and a great story.
    I've never seen such a sensitive and thoughtful restoration.
    Proud of you both lads!
    www.enriched.flppro.biz Good deals: Snowz,qubicinch,Tonyc1,AndyH(x4),REDTAIL,craigy,da vegee59(x2),davidstoncold(x2),tuco64,funkedup,g.l. w.,doghead5,snowz,2DOGSSOULY,bullet boy,GarethW-B,Murphy,telgun,hw59,tiger1,Arai,JTB JP,Ali P,GBlock,TORNADO4,Rudy,Ken1,

Sounds like a top bloke

I've had a good few dealings with Paul - he really is a great, straight up bloke to work with.
    Highly recommended.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thank you very much TrevA5 for your feedback
    as soon as I see this rifle I knew it had been a rifle that was well looked after in the past I think you can tell by the condition of the stock
    couple of dings here and there and that was it plus I love the TX200MK1 main reason is theres no crapy beartrap (I have a thing on beartraps to me the best beartrap is common sense )
    restoring this rifle was a joy to do I love to look at finished job
    TrevA5 is a true gent and very understanding when I went over my timeline by quite a bit if I'm honest
    it was also a pleasure to try and help out with the cost as I know what its like when you come to harder times
    thanks again TrevA5
    PS thanks also to Craig-P

Quote Originally Posted by ozgood View Post
    Thank you very much TrevA5 for your feedback
    as soon as I see this rifle I knew it had been a rifle that was well looked after in the past I think you can tell by the condition of the stock
    couple of dings here and there and that was it plus I love the TX200MK1 main reason is theres no crapy beartrap (I have a thing on beartraps to me the best beartrap is common sense )
    restoring this rifle was a joy to do I love to look at finished job
    TrevA5 is a true gent and very understanding when I went over my timeline by quite a bit if I'm honest
    it was also a pleasure to try and help out with the cost as I know what its like when you come to harder times
    thanks again TrevA5
    PS thanks also to Craig-P
    This just goes to show there are some really decent people on this BBS
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

a pic of the restored TX200 MK1