Thread: BSA spitfire help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I can't remember an O ring that size in the Spitfire to be honest, not sure! It's a while since I opened one of them up.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Seem to remember there is a tiny O ring somewhere in the filling valve under the rifle ? Just another note, after you assemble it is very easy to get the power set correctly with the tiny allen screw in the back of the rifle before you put the stock back on.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Thanks for the help gents. I have changed the small one in the fill valve but there is still one left, it's thinner than the one on the valve.

I'll get back to it in a short while and hope I find one I missed

Thanks again all

Phil

oring

hi there , is the oring in question for the fill indicator ? atb gc...

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    hi there , is the oring in question for the fill indicator ? atb gc...

that answers that one then. thank you kindly. there isnt a fill indicator on this one so that would be why i cant find it

thanks kindly

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    that answers that one then. thank you kindly. there isnt a fill indicator on this one so that would be why i cant find it

thanks kindly

Phil
    Would like to know the results you get when it is finished. I have stripped virtually every make of PCP but never the Spitfire or the Firebird, have an immaculate Firebird at the moment with 3 quick change barrels including .25.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

found the leak, looks like i will have to fire up the lathe and modify things a little. its the only place in the whole rifle that has not seal other that spring pressure.

on a side note, the grub screw on the back end to adjust the pressures, not had to do anything to it yet but looks like ill have to before it goes back to its owner. which way for less power, on the grub screw?

thanks again

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Would like to know the results you get when it is finished. I have stripped virtually every make of PCP but never the Spitfire or the Firebird, have an immaculate Firebird at the moment with 3 quick change barrels including .25.

Baz
    You lucky man!!! If you ever consider selling... ;-) ;-) ;-)