Thread: HW95 help .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

HW95 help .

Can anyone help with a 95 problem ? One of my fellow club members has purchased a new HW95 in .22 and it's just not grouping. Say 4 inches at 25 yards with super domes. Any ideas ? We have swapped the scope with the one on my 95 and mine groups perfectly well with his scope. Are they particularly pellet fussy. Or may it be a duffer ?

Many thanks.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

secretagentmole Guest
    95s can have problems!

Try other pellets, AA Field, JSB Exact, Crosman Premier, some guns just seem to prefer one pellet....

The first thing I would do is give the barrel a good cleaning then start pellet testing. Usually brand new Weihrauchs will have a lot off black gunge in the barrels. I use Weihrauch F&T specials and my HW95 loves them.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Check that the mod is on tight, then check all the screws holding the stock on, check that the bolt through the breech block isn't loose, the barrell shouldn't have any play, have a look down the barrel to make sure there is nothing unusual, i e, a piece of swarf, take the mod off and make sure the crown is as it should be, other than that, I don't know, atb Daz

Like said by others ,clean the barrel with a pull through , make sure mod is tight , pellet testing is needed ,in my .22 falcon accuracy plus , H&N ftt , AA fields , JSB express are all very good . These guns are so accurate

try another mod too the pellets could be clipping the internals

Quote Originally Posted by Air Waves View Post
    Can anyone help with a 95 problem ? One of my fellow club members has purchased a new HW95 in .22 and it's just not grouping. Say 4 inches at 25 yards with super domes. Any ideas ? We have swapped the scope with the one on my 95 and mine groups perfectly well with his scope. Are they particularly pellet fussy. Or may it be a duffer ?

Many thanks.
    Andrew.
    Pull barrel through carefully with napier patch and whipping twine.
    Check barrel tension
    Do extensive pellet tests. Traditionally a 22 hw barrel will be FTT 5.53, Superdome. If it doesn't like either of those, it might still shoot something .....
    If non of that works, quietly sell the barrel on here (say you want calibre change or such)
    But an older 22 barrel, or a new 177 (from Germany maybe , direct to your door) , the 177s are free from ' a new categorisation of QC in grouping dept' from what I've heard.

Or blame yourself, and your mate, blame scope, blame mounts, blame age and buy a pcp
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by Air Waves View Post
    Can anyone help with a 95 problem ? One of my fellow club members has purchased a new HW95 in .22 and it's just not grouping.
    Should be hole on hole..as it's new don't mess about take it back to the shop and get a replacement. Money back or fixed..

Andrew,

Possibly un-likely, but check that the barrel latch detent is working smoothly, and lube it well - it should push in and out cleanly - there have been some reportings of HWs with sticky detents due to burrs and cack in the detent slot, and that leaves the barrel being latched at slightly different positions.

Good luck !

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ