Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HW95 help .

HW95 help .

Can anyone help with a 95 problem ? One of my fellow club members has purchased a new HW95 in .22 and it's just not grouping. Say 4 inches at 25 yards with super domes. Any ideas ? We have swapped the scope with the one on my 95 and mine groups perfectly well with his scope. Are they particularly pellet fussy. Or may it be a duffer ?

Many thanks.
    Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

secretagentmole Guest
    95s can have problems!

Try other pellets, AA Field, JSB Exact, Crosman Premier, some guns just seem to prefer one pellet....

The first thing I would do is give the barrel a good cleaning then start pellet testing. Usually brand new Weihrauchs will have a lot off black gunge in the barrels. I use Weihrauch F&T specials and my HW95 loves them.
    Shooting Air Rifles is like being a pubic hair on a toilet seat.
    Eventually someone comes a long and P's you off.
    They usually have a PCP

Check that the mod is on tight, then check all the screws holding the stock on, check that the bolt through the breech block isn't loose, the barrell shouldn't have any play, have a look down the barrel to make sure there is nothing unusual, i e, a piece of swarf, take the mod off and make sure the crown is as it should be, other than that, I don't know, atb Daz

Like said by others ,clean the barrel with a pull through , make sure mod is tight , pellet testing is needed ,in my .22 falcon accuracy plus , H&N ftt , AA fields , JSB express are all very good . These guns are so accurate

try another mod too the pellets could be clipping the internals

Many thanks to you all. I shall take my screwdrivers and cleaning kit with me tonight and hopefully said rifle and owner will be there this evening .

Regards
    Andrew.

As stated above the stock screws have to be tight.
    But take care that the small rear one at the trigger guard is NOT overtightened as this will cause accuracy problems. Hand tight is enough.
    If it tends to rattle loose use some blue Loctite.

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    If the mod is not loose, then try without.

Stock screws.
    Silencer fixed/clipping pellets.
    Is it dieseling?

My 95 did number 3 and I was probably more accurate chucking the gun at the target. Got it tuned, but a clean up, relube and new seals probably would have sorted it.

Quote Originally Posted by Air Waves View Post
    Can anyone help with a 95 problem ? One of my fellow club members has purchased a new HW95 in .22 and it's just not grouping. Say 4 inches at 25 yards with super domes. Any ideas ? We have swapped the scope with the one on my 95 and mine groups perfectly well with his scope. Are they particularly pellet fussy. Or may it be a duffer ?

Many thanks.
    Andrew.
    Pull barrel through carefully with napier patch and whipping twine.
    Check barrel tension
    Do extensive pellet tests. Traditionally a 22 hw barrel will be FTT 5.53, Superdome. If it doesn't like either of those, it might still shoot something .....
    If non of that works, quietly sell the barrel on here (say you want calibre change or such)
    But an older 22 barrel, or a new 177 (from Germany maybe , direct to your door) , the 177s are free from ' a new categorisation of QC in grouping dept' from what I've heard.

Or blame yourself, and your mate, blame scope, blame mounts, blame age and buy a pcp
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by kevmar View Post
    If you take the gun to HCC and see the sales manager f2f as I have done,you will hear the most unreal bs and
    crap in an attempt to get out of it.
    Hw are not what they used to be,not a one off but seems to be ''how they are now'' quote said sales manager.
    Don't get me wrong I love the older HW's the 95 with the barrel weight is brill
    I have never heard a gripe about them ever.
    - Indeed, and for quite a while later too re barrel weighted gen 95

I did have a bad Diana barrel once, misaligned in block. They said sorry, made a new one, took it on the chin. I find the Diana barrels do often only shoot the light jsb's really well, which aren't my favourite.
    Very impressed with Cometa recently with their short 22 barrel digesting FTT, Ultra Mag (Crosman), and Superdome all superbly -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kevmar View Post
    If you take the gun to HCC and see the sales manager f2f as I have done,you will hear the most unreal bs and
    crap in an attempt to get out of it.
    Hw are not what they used to be,not a one off but seems to be ''how they are now'' quote said sales manager.
    Don't get me wrong I love the older HW's the 95 with the barrel weight is brill
    I have never heard a gripe about them ever.
    They did have some appalling springs in! Ones that gouged the mechanism, had to get a Vortek kit for the other half's, it was that bad!

Still wild

Still shooting wild ..has about 20fps spread over about 16 shots.
    Might that be a lot ?

This is not uncommon with the 95.

Get rid.

At two thirds of the price, the 99s will outperform it.

I speak from experience.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.