Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HW95 help .

grouping

hi, if you've tried all the other suggestions , push a pellet through the barrel with a rod and check the pellet for any gouges or unusual marks. whilst doing this you can check for any tight spots in the barrel if its choked you will feel a little more resistance at the muzzle end. " may just need a bit of a polish with autosol or brasso to releve the tight spot, there should be info on the net if you don't know how its done.. atb gc..

Ive just bought a hw95k today,only had about 20 shots throught it just to sight scope,worrying reading all these comments be gutted if its a duffer,im taking it to my permission sunday ill know after been there.somone mentioned 99s got 1 its class.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    This is not uncommon with the 95.

Get rid.

At two thirds of the price, the 99s will outperform it.

I speak from experience.
    And the 99 doesn't have problems

Is that why there is so many threads about stripping it to make it work properly !!

Quote Originally Posted by Air Waves View Post
    Can anyone help with a 95 problem ? One of my fellow club members has purchased a new HW95 in .22 and it's just not grouping.
    Should be hole on hole..as it's new don't mess about take it back to the shop and get a replacement. Money back or fixed..

Andrew,

Possibly un-likely, but check that the barrel latch detent is working smoothly, and lube it well - it should push in and out cleanly - there have been some reportings of HWs with sticky detents due to burrs and cack in the detent slot, and that leaves the barrel being latched at slightly different positions.

Good luck !

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ

This is not uncommon with the 95.

Get rid.

At two thirds of the price, the 99s will outperform it.

I speak from experience.
    I did just the same got rid of 95 for a 99 never looked back.

Turning into another 95 vs 99 thread by the looks of it !...
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

95's are superb rifles

Here is what i would do

Pellets:
    In my experience, RWS Superdomes are as accurate as a brick, try some JSB's, i use AA Express in my .177. Springers generally prefer a lighter pellet (i find), try some AA Field.

Clean the Barrel with a pull through and a little bit of gun cleaner

Ensure stock, scope, breach pivot bolts are nipped up (but not so tight you get white knuckles!!)

Try without moderator

Shoot 10 over a Chrony and record results

It is more than likely that one of those actions will solve the issue or take you to whatever the issue is that needs rectifying. If however you still have no joy, change the scope and try some more groups.
    I have had a duff scope before but was in denial as to it being faulty... wish i had tried another scope sooner.

Is the grouping erratic ?

What scope are you using, is it springer rated or just a rimfire scope, what mount/mounts are you using, don't suppose for one moment it's likely to be a 'dampa-mount' which is designed to eliminate the 'tuning fork effect' produced by a spring gun...

Superdomes are generally a good pellet to start with and from my experience if a rifle is not accurate with 'domes' then generally you're gonna have yer work cut out to find a pellet that is...

My .177/95k and my .177/TX Standard both loved them as does my current .22/TXhc...

Yes, I agree, there are better pellets over longer distances but for general sub 40yd work they're good to go !...

Ps, I'd check the scope for any rattles, remove from mount, remove turret covers, basically remove anything loose that might produce a rattle and then give the scope a 'shake' up next to yer ear, if you can hear a faint rattle eminating from inside the scope then yer scopes buggered...
    Last edited by TORNADOS7; 10-06-2017 at 11:49 AM.
    .22 S410...
    .22 Webley Xocet...
    .22 HW95k...

Well , so far I've cleaned the barrel checkled all the bolts .
    Replaced the scope wirh one off of my 95 , which works perfectly well. It does seem to scatter shots with or without the scope so I guess the next thing is to strip it down and check the internals or get the chap to take it back to where he bought it.

Thank you for all your thoughts. And suggestions. I did but the Pellpax selection of 20 types of pellets. Some were better than others . So I bought a tin of Accupel , which grouped best . But they still shot all over the place when I had a whole tin to play with

Regards. Andrew.
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.

Quote Originally Posted by villaman;7277351[B
    ]And the 99 doesn't have problems
    [/B]
    Is that why there is so many threads about stripping it to make it work properly !!
    Not with accuracy it doesn't.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Take care that the second trigger guard screw - the small rear one - is not too much tightened.
    It should be hand-tight only (if it tends to shaken loose apply some blue loctite and let it cure over night).

Otherwise it's putting stress on the trigger case leading to a loss of accuracy.

Well worth a try.

Just got back from permission with my new 95k,its not exactly high power considering its brand new out the box,that said ive been using a 1.77 for months so this .22 seems weak compared to that,as for accuracy i sent a target up from 15-20 yards and it was ok certainly good enough,but power wise hhhmm bit disapointing but i think it will still roll a rabbit and a woodie over.

Not with accuracy it doesn't.
    May be not but still have problems with them

My 95 is fantastic and even better after Wonkey donkey tune and i would say it's far better than my SFS Imp (HW99)

If its a new gun then just take it back

All sorted. :-).

Gun is shooting perfectly well now. Ended up swapping the barrel out with a .177 . Many thanks Rapidnick .
    No , you don't need a better guitar. You need some lessons.