Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HW95 help .

To summarise this thread for those interested in the HW95.
    Andrew brought his gun over to my house for evaluation and possible barrel swap. His rifle was in very good order BUT-as expected by me-it had a standard HW moderator to attach to the screwcut shortened barrel. I think the HW moderator is just too light especially on a 95 so my first task was to swap over the HW moderator to one of my special muzzle weights. I have found that the 95 needs weight adding to the front irrespective of the quality of the internals. I then shot the rifle and found it fine. There were no problems with this particular rifle other than muzzle flip which is entirely cured by a decent muzzle weight which clearly did its job.
    I offered Andrew a barrel exchange as most of us prefer .177 for legal limit rifles. He said go ahead so I fitted a short .177 barrel with muzzle weight to his gun. He shot this using JSB pellets, liked it so went away a happy shooter.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 26-07-2017 at 09:27 AM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Good outcome.

May I ask
    Whats the length of the new short barrel?
    Whats the weight and the length of the barrelweight?
    How is it attached? Pushed on and reaching from the muzzle back at the barrel? Or threaded and reaching further out from the muzzle?

TX

Quote Originally Posted by pelletcaster View Post
    Good outcome.

May I ask
    Whats the length of the new short barrel?
    Whats the weight and the length of the barrelweight?
    How is it attached? Pushed on and reaching from the muzzle back at the barrel? Or threaded and reaching further out from the muzzle?

TX
    The new barrel was 12" as I recall. No idea on the weight of the muzzle weight which is a slip on and is about 5" long with a 2" overlap. All lengths approximate.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.