Thread: Scope ????

Scope ????

having had some great advice about Rifles what is the best scope for 24 Meters for a new comer it look like a black art getting the right scope

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    You really need to specify what's it going to be used for and your budget otherwise you will get advice which will not be relevant.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Firstly it depends on your eyes, different makes have different coatings & some peoples eyes are better with one make over another, so you really need to look through a few to see what suits you, the same applies to the reticle (crosshair) there are many different types - take a look at the Deben Hawke web site to get some idea

Then set a price range & go look at what's available.

I'd avoid the dirt cheap ones especially those with cheap nasty mounts included, mounts are as important as the scope itself, for that sort of range a 2-7 mag or 3-9 mag will be more than enough.

Hi Ray

You've put a couple of posts up - which rifle for HFT and now a which scope... you'll get 101 opinions, but only one counts - yours.
    I strongly urge you to not buy anything at all - not until you've been along to an HFT club and chatted to the seasoned shooters there first.

You'll be able to try out lots of different rifles and scopes to see which one suits you and your budget best and you'll save yourself a load of money in the process.

You may even find someone who's selling their kit 2nd hand - 2nd hand is the only way to buy - 2nd hand will be better than new ( all of the factory problems will have been sorted out for you ).

There's isn't currently a rifle that you can buy new that doesn't need a bit of work on it before it's ready for competition - possibly with the exception of a Steyr. Everything else will need some work - so that's another important factor - buy something that someone in the club already knows how to strip down and sort out.. working on airguns is pretty easy, but it always helps to watch someone strip a gun down first before you have a go yourself.

Sorry - I know this advice is more aimed at a rifle than a scope - but it's the same advice - don't ask for advice on here - ask for advice at a club and try before you buy.

You might also find a series of articles I wrote ages ago useful - http://www.anstonftc.co.uk/category/...vice-to-ninja/

Good luck

Top advice from a top shooter.

Nice one, Bri.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!