Thread: Air Chrony MK3 – software

Air Chrony MK3 – software

Purchased the Air Chrony last week from BAR, so far working fine as a stand alone unit. Problem I’m having is connecting the chronograph to the downloadable software. Read everything on the website, watched the videos - not having any.

The software is reporting a COM 1 and COM3 port (tried both), but won’t connect and download any readings (the live screen is not working either). To be honest I’m a bit of a numpty when it comes to device drivers, COM ports and such – has anyone been able to connect the software to the Chrony MK3?

Brian

Brian,

Assuming you have a USB to serial port, or a native serial port on your PC.

In the software, set the COM port details as below :

Bits/s - 19200
    Data Bits - 8
    Parity - None
    Stop Bits - 1
    Flow Control - Hardware

After you have fired your string of shots over the chrono, save the shots to memory on the chrono.

(S2 --> S2 --> Shows the Eavg on screen, --> S1, then select S2 to write)

Where S1 = left most button on the chrono, S2 is the middle button)

Attach the chrono to the PC, set serial port details, and click connect.

On the chrono, read the data from the memory - ((S2 --> S2 --> Shows the Eavg on screen, --> S1, then select S1 to read)

This should load the data into the software.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Thanks Russ, I have a USB to micro USB connector (does COM 1 and COM 3 sound correct?). Think I've done most of what you've suggested, but I'll go through it again later this evening.

Were you able to get the live screen working?

Brian

Brian,

Ah - I have an R2A - the Polish chrono, and that has an actual serial interface. I needed a USB --> RS232 cable.

Looking at the video, it looks like they just plug the USB leads in, select 'COM16' (only one COM port was listed), hit connect, and away you go !

I note they used :

Port : COM16
    Bits/s : 19200
    Data Bits : 8
    Stops bits : 1
    Flow control : none

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Yes, I have the Czech one, got all the numbers other than COM 16 (only 1 & 3). No worries, weather is to nice to bother with it at the moment, I'll have another look when it rains

Brian

Brian,

I take it you are running MS Windows ?

Have a peek in Device Manager --> 'Ports (COM & LPT) , right click and select properties --> Port settings, and set the bits per second to 19200.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Will do, once I get back home. Have installed the software on an old XP netbook and a Windows 10 laptop, at the moment same end results from both.

Brian

A bit of a bump. Did you get this sorted? I've just bought an Air Chrony and am having the same problem as you were, except I can only select COM1. So what was the solution?
    Iceni FTARC. Woo!
    Daystate Mk3 FTR, Daystate Mk1, AR20FT.

No further Steve, I gave up and just stick to ten shot groups. I did receive an email from Chrony, told me to watch the videos on the website.......very useful

Brian

Have you thought about buying a Blueshot off they work well connecting your combro to your phone than you can email straight from your phone

should say evilbay but for some reason when spelt correctly it was removed

Quote Originally Posted by martin107 View Post
    Have you thought about buying a Blueshot off they work well connecting your combro to your phone than you can email straight from your phone
    I have a Blueshot for the Combro, as far as I'm aware there isn't one for the Air Chrony.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by brian_k View Post
    No further Steve, I gave up and just stick to ten shot groups. I did receive an email from Chrony, told me to watch the videos on the website.......very useful

Brian
    Ah, thats a shame. I have now managed to get it to connect to my pc by changing settings in the pc device manager (scary as I dont really know what I'm doing) but it wont actually transmit any data from the chrono to the pc. If I cant get it to work it can go back to the shop as pc connectivity was one of the main reasons for buying this model.
    Iceni FTARC. Woo!
    Daystate Mk3 FTR, Daystate Mk1, AR20FT.