Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bond 007?

Bond 007?

I've heard of the Walther LP53 being shown on Bond advertising material, but never a Feinwerkbau 65.

RIP Roger Moore.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Well spotted. I hadn't noticed that before. Perhaps the photographer guy who provided the LP53 had upgraded to a 65 by then.

R.I.P. Sir Roger Moore. Thanks for the memories.

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    R.I.P Sir Roger, as a Knight you where a better Saint.

Are Protek going to supply a version of the 65 again ?

Baz

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Are Protek going to supply a version of the 65 again ?

Baz

http://www.proteksupplies.co.uk/
    I'm guessing that might be one of the Chinese clones, Baz.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

lp53

Ido have a lp53 pistol and the serial number starts with 007.Alas it dates from 1954 but never the less any one seen a 007 No or owns one on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I'm guessing that might be one of the Chinese clones, Baz.
    Strained my tongue trying to pronounce it.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

The gun in the movie poster (which is a pen and ink drawing, not a photo) just looks to me like a badly-drawn LP53. Or a High Standard .22"LR, or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    The gun in the movie poster (which is a pen and ink drawing, not a photo) just looks to me like a badly-drawn LP53. Or a High Standard .22"LR, or similar.
    I thought it might be a P38 or something with an LP53 barrel - maybe a nod to the Connery LP53 poster?
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/product/walther-lp53

The Walther LP53 held by Sean Connery as James Bond in a poster to promoteFrom Russia With Love was sold at the Popular Culture: Film and Entertainment auction in 2010 for a staggering £277,250 (read more). On July 28th 2013, the gun is once again on auction, now at the Profiles in History Hollywood auction (read more.
    http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/ne...ar-jet-auction

Diana no.5 in goldfinger featurete http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Air_Guns#Diana_5_Air_Pistol they list a crosman 2240 too but I belive it's not a 2240.
    Last edited by bighit; 24-05-2017 at 11:30 PM.

Lp53

With a serial number of 54159 dates the J BOND pistol as being made in 1962 which correctly pre dates the film.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    I thought it might be a P38 or something with an LP53 barrel - maybe a nod to the Connery LP53 poster?
    That drawn poster is very abstract and includes many other things such as scenes from the film, and the pistol in that could be anything, BUT, I remember that in the day there was also a photo shoot picture of just Roger Moore in the Connery pose, and it was with a FWB 65, and it was said to be because the photographer had upgraded.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    That drawn poster is very abstract and includes many other things such as scenes from the film, and the pistol in that could be anything, BUT, I remember that in the day there was also a photo shoot picture of just Roger Moore in the Connery pose, and it was with a FWB 65, and it was said to be because the photographer had upgraded.
    Interesting, Robin.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've spent ages searching the inter web thingy and can't find a picture of him with a FWB 65 as I thought, found them of him with various makes of revolvers, and many with the famous James Bond Walther PPK, and some other auto's, and even one of Roger Moore with the LP53, so looks like my memory was wrong.

I did find one that shows a close up of detail from that same drawing that looks a bit like the 65, but its not, its a representative drawing, but it does have a hammer, so its just an artists impression of a pistol.

Maybe there is a pic with him with the 65 as I remember, or perhaps I'm getting older than I thought!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I've spent ages searching the inter web thingy and can't find a picture of him with a FWB 65 as I thought, found them of him with various makes of revolvers, and many with the famous James Bond Walther PPK, and some other auto's, and even one of Roger Moore with the LP53, so looks like my memory was wrong.

I did find one that shows a close up of detail from that same drawing that looks a bit like the 65, but its not, its a representative drawing, but it does have a hammer, so its just an artists impression of a pistol.

Maybe there is a pic with him with the 65 as I remember, or perhaps I'm getting older than I thought!
    Easily done, Robin.

Looking at the Roger Moore drawing above, I'd say there's a lot of artistic licence being taken, and probably by someone with zero knowledge or interest in guns... Rather than using the distinctive (and true to Ian Fleming) but unexcitingly compact PPK, I suspect the long barrel of the LP53 on the Connery publicity photos appeals to the artist at some subliminal level (!) and he's taken a short-bodied pistol and added a hammer and longer barrel in an impressionistic attempt to make Bond even more suave.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery