Thread: Bond 007?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    That drawn poster is very abstract and includes many other things such as scenes from the film, and the pistol in that could be anything, BUT, I remember that in the day there was also a photo shoot picture of just Roger Moore in the Connery pose, and it was with a FWB 65, and it was said to be because the photographer had upgraded.
    Interesting, Robin.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.
    I've spent ages searching the inter web thingy and can't find a picture of him with a FWB 65 as I thought, found them of him with various makes of revolvers, and many with the famous James Bond Walther PPK, and some other auto's, and even one of Roger Moore with the LP53, so looks like my memory was wrong.

I did find one that shows a close up of detail from that same drawing that looks a bit like the 65, but its not, its a representative drawing, but it does have a hammer, so its just an artists impression of a pistol.

Maybe there is a pic with him with the 65 as I remember, or perhaps I'm getting older than I thought!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Quote Originally Posted by RobinC View Post
    I've spent ages searching the inter web thingy and can't find a picture of him with a FWB 65 as I thought, found them of him with various makes of revolvers, and many with the famous James Bond Walther PPK, and some other auto's, and even one of Roger Moore with the LP53, so looks like my memory was wrong.

I did find one that shows a close up of detail from that same drawing that looks a bit like the 65, but its not, its a representative drawing, but it does have a hammer, so its just an artists impression of a pistol.

Maybe there is a pic with him with the 65 as I remember, or perhaps I'm getting older than I thought!
    Easily done, Robin.

Looking at the Roger Moore drawing above, I'd say there's a lot of artistic licence being taken, and probably by someone with zero knowledge or interest in guns... Rather than using the distinctive (and true to Ian Fleming) but unexcitingly compact PPK, I suspect the long barrel of the LP53 on the Connery publicity photos appeals to the artist at some subliminal level (!) and he's taken a short-bodied pistol and added a hammer and longer barrel in an impressionistic attempt to make Bond even more suave.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Some Bond poster art features Roger Moore with what appears to be a PPK with a LP53 style long barrel added. Artistic licence.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Some Bond poster art features Roger Moore with what appears to be a PPK with a LP53 style long barrel added. Artistic licence.
    Or a Walther Olympia model or model 1926 sport pistol. And some post-war PPs (made by Manhurin in France) came with extended barrels and target sights.

I think it could be a 1926, Geezer.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Or a Walther Olympia model or model 1926 sport pistol. And some post-war PPs (made by Manhurin in France) came with extended barrels and target sights.
    Remember these .22's from the good old days in the 60's when we could own them. Very easy to fit lightweight silencer to as they had a threaded barrel.

BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD