Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: after light/medium weight springer

after light/medium weight springer

evening all.i got a HW97K but its to heavy for me,fantastic rifle but boy is it heavy.so im after some thing lighter what do you recommend ??.i got a HW99S which is nice n light but thats 1,77 im after .22.thanks

Welcome aboard, Rob.

Right, okay, I'll only say this once, and say it quietly, as we don't want Pete, look no hands, sussing this, but you know that lovely little rifle that you have in .177? Well, you can also get them in .22. And they shoot EVEN SWEETER in the larger calibre.

Or a 95.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Right, okay, I'll only say this once, and say it quietly, as we don't want Pete, look no hands, sussing this, but you know that lovely little rifle that you have in .177? Well, you can also get them in .22. And they shoot EVEN SWEETER in the larger calibre.
    Is the correct answer - welcome to the forum, Rob...

p.s. Another 99s thread, we're going to be in trouble, Tone....
    Last edited by rabbitwrecker; 23-05-2017 at 11:08 PM. Reason: p.s.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    JUST BUY ANOTHER 99 YOU BLOODY FOOL!

And please stop asking stupid questions

Welcome to the forum mate

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Welcome aboard, Rob.

Or a 95.
    Seems like a no brainer to me and quite frankly a bit of a daft question to ask (no offence intended to Rob)

Unless he doesn't want another 99 and wants something a bit more Challenging to shoot?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by robhw97k View Post
    evening all.i got a HW97K but its to heavy for me,fantastic rifle but boy is it heavy.so im after some thing lighter what do you recommend ??.i got a HW99S which is nice n light but thats 1,77 im after .22.thanks
    HW95
    Cometa 400
    Diana 31 / 34 Compact
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Dare to be different, try a Cometa 400!

http://barx.org/airguns/?id=fenix_400

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Seems like a no brainer to me and quite frankly a bit of a daft question to ask (no offence intended to Rob)

Unless he doesn't want another 99 and wants something a bit more Challenging to shoot?

Pete
    Uh oh!

Rumbled!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    HW95
    Cometa 400
    Diana 31 / 34 Compact
    Certainly all viable options.

I've only had quite a brief experirnce of the Diana 280, which would also be a contender. Not tried the 31/34, but reportedly excellent. And a very brief go on the Cometa, which felt nice.

A Longbow would also have to be on any list.

I recently got a HW57 and it's great.
    Nice and light, easy to cock, quiet after a little fettle.
    Downsides are it's difficult to find a moderator for it, and not everyone is a fan of the pop up breech loading system.

Uh oh!

Rumbled!
    I did warn you...

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    I did warn you...
    Oi! stop stirring it you

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by vestlenning View Post
    Dare to be different, try a Cometa 400!

http://barx.org/airguns/?id=fenix_400
    A fine rifle at UK power, and higher - here if on fac ticket

Certainly all viable options.

I've only had quite a brief experirnce of the Diana 280, which would also be a contender. Not tried the 31/34, but reportedly excellent. And a very brief go on the Cometa, which felt nice.

A Longbow would also have to be on any list.
    The 280 is arse about face, 4mm transfer port, short stroke, articulated cocking.
    It's like taking a good solid 31 / 34 design, and making the worst possible hash out of it for a dedicated 16 joule rifle. Pretty much following hw's abortion of a rifle for same market, the self eating hw 99, while the 95 always has been the top medium weight rifle, but at price over the Diana 34 and Cometa 400, which both shoot just as accurately -

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    Maybe not pot luck on the rifle working long term ...

Best HW99s test, cock rifle, de cock, cock rifle, de cock, etc do that a dozen times and see what happens.
    If the cocking link isn't chewing the cylinder by then, lucky you. Everyone in the gun trade knows, all very happy to take peoples money though which is fair enough. No tuners used to touch them, they used to laugh at people who bought them as they all know they are shite.
    Now, you can buy a 'custom jobbie' off shelf. Fair play, gunshops are business's, not there to draw attention to design blunders, there to take your money -
    IMO the reason folk like the 99 is because it has a small piston and just enough spring (well for 10.5 typically) and like it or not, not many people actually have the upper body strength to shoot medium weight rifles consistently for long, certainly not off hand.