Thread: Reducing my rifles to two.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sorry. Didn't make myself clear.

I don't have the temerity to shoot recoiling springers offhand. Well the 99s sometimes, but the LGV is heavy. I have considered getting another HW30s though.

I was actually referring to the Feinwerkbau 300s and Walther LGV Spezial, which are old, low powered, 10m match rifles with diopter sights. Beautiful guns, engineered to a superb standard, but extremely heavy.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Yes, get another 30S, then.

But don't EVER sell the FWB. Even if you only shoot it occasionally and have to shoot off a rest. A marvel of engineering excellence and landmark rifle. Got to be a keeper.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yes, get another 30S, then.

But don't EVER sell the FWB. Even if you only shoot it occasionally and have to shoot off a rest. A marvel of engineering excellence and landmark rifle. Got to be a keeper.
    I too would keep the FWB, buy a little bipod for it, and shoot off a bench/table.

Thanks for the advice boys.

The Spezial is already as good as gone. I have given my word.

The Fwb is not yet up for sale and can still be saved.

The problem is that I have got the bug for air pistols and although I have three nice springers (a HW45, and two FWB LP 80s, one of them as good as mint), I am hankering after a match pcp - probably second hand as I can't go the full 1.5 grand for a new one unless my wife suddenly becomes the most supportive partner in the world.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

I would keep the LGV Spezial, Arthur. It's 10lbs heft is easily neutralised by a bench and a comfy chair. I used all three against paper and metal at 15 and 20m last weekend. You can have a good old play with 10m match rifles, especially this one.
    Last edited by Drew451; 23-05-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Keep the Spezial.

Remove the barrel shroud and internal stock weight and you'll have a handy and lightweight rifle (sub 7 lbs) which is built to a higher standard than anything in the last 30 years. (Here's an old AVA thread with some weight weights etc).

The stock weight needs to be replaced with something dimensionally similar because it locates the cocking arm in the piston, whilst the shroud could be replaced with an ally version if you find naked/skinny barrels visually offensive.