Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I've just worked out that the boinger bash is a......

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Not British either Pete. Sorry mate but your beloved PS was inspired by Germanic ideology. If it wasn't for that AA would still be churning out twangy old tap loading side lever rubbish.
    Must admit, though, I really like those AA sidelevers.

The two Rays bring them to The Bash, the Cult(ivated) Ray usually brings LOADS of them. And being allowed a play on them is one of the things I very much look forward to.

But if I had to pick just the one rifle out as my all time favourite, in terms of accuracy, trigger, ease of use, solidity of build, finish etc etc., it would have to be the game-changing HW77.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Not British either Pete. Sorry mate but your beloved PS was inspired by Germanic ideology. If it wasn't for that AA would still be churning out twangy old tap loading side lever rubbish.
    Why do people seem to think that just because something has to be solid, reliable and robust that it has to come from Germany, the only reason AA was producing sidelevers was because they inherited the parts and designs from Sussex Armoury when they went under and they were owed a lot of dosh, so they carried on the design to get their money back, if the PS was Germanic inspired then it would look like a HW35, the trouble is with Germans is they have no flair or charisma, it is just form and function with them.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    ?....and by the way who did HW rip off for the 77? answers on a postcard to.

Pete
    I reckon the FWB300 (although, obviously, sidelever) provided much inspiration.

And, and I really don't know how much input Mr Beeman actually had, but did someone have one eye on the humble little Chinese Lion?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I reckon the FWB300 (although, obviously, sidelever) provided much inspiration.

And, and I really don't know how much input Mr Beeman actually had, but did someone have one eye on the humble little Chinese Lion?
    That's what I heard from our esteemed colleague Alistair.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nah, the punters love it, Derek.

They buy loads of expensive Dukes from me whilst I'm habing to fight off nubile nymphettes! It's becoming a bit of a chore, to be honest.
    Tony, are you in the market for an apprentice by chance? I'm a fast learner and I could deal with that nymp problem you're having, using my legendary charm and sophistication. (Plus lashings of Brut)
    I won't ask for wages just pay me in Strongbow mate...

Why do people seem to think that just because something has to be solid, reliable and robust that it has to come from Germany, the only reason AA was producing sidelevers was because they inherited the parts and designs from Sussex Armoury when they went under and they were owed a lot of dosh, so they carried on the design to get their money back, if the PS was Germanic inspired then it would look like a HW35, the trouble is with Germans is they have no flair or charisma, it is just form and function with them.

Pete
    Yeah that jet propelled Messerschmitt was was just form and function.

Pete, back in the day, the HW35 won more trophies up and down the country than Pro Sports made mate.

Only kidding mate. For what its worth, that walnut BSA Airsporter carbine of yours is truly a piece of elegant beauty. And its for that reason I will make you an offer you can't refuse for it one day.
    Last edited by derekj; 24-05-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    There is a BSA and Webley post-war exclusive enclave, although I think it has been nick-named 'The Early Learning Centre'.

I wrote a long piece on the history of the sliding breech for Danny's (Garvin) 'Airgun Collector' magazine, it might not be 100% accurate but the first sliding breech was deffo made by Anschutz in the 1950s. As far as the HW77 was concerned it was definitely Dr Beeman's brainchild, and as Dr Beeman actually married and had children with some of the FWB300 rifles he owned, it is a fair bet to say he might have accidentally put a HW35 next to one of his 'wives' and come up with the world-beating tool which eventually gave us the ultimate spring rifle, the Air Arms ProSport.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 24-05-2017 at 08:28 PM.

Tony, are you in the market for an apprentice by chance? I'm a fast learner and I could deal with that nymp problem you're having, using my legendary charm and sophistication. (Plus lashings of Brut)
    I won't ask for wages just pay me in Strongbow mate...
    No problem at all, Derek; I'd welcome some help.

Forget the charm and the Brut matey. Once you've got the long locks (a wig will fool them) you'll be fighting them off. And the chicks buy the drinks, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    There is a BSA and Webley post-war exclusive enclave, although I think it has been nick-named 'The Early Learning Centre'.

I wrote a long piece on the history of the sliding breech for Danny's (Garvin) 'Airgun Collector' magazine, it might not be 100% accurate but the first sliding breech was deffo made by Anschutz in the 1950s. As far as the HW77 was concerned it was definitely Dr Beeman's brainchild, and as Dr Beeman actually married and had children with some of the FWB300 rifles he owned, it is a fair bet to say he might have accidentally put a HW35 next to one of his 'wives' and come up with the world-beating tool which eventually gave us the ultimate spring rifle, the Air Arms ProSport.
    It seems the cold Scottish air has warped your poor old brain Alistair but you are correct about the Prosport but please don't ever associate the HW35 with the Prosport ever again

Pete

that walnut BSA Airsporter carbine of yours is truly a piece of elegant beauty. D
    If that's the same version as Joffy's (although I think his is in beech) I 100% agree. Lovely, graceful lines and the looks and appeal of a true sporting rifle.

It seems the cold Scottish air has warped your poor old brain Alistair but you are correct about the Prosport but please don't ever associate the HW35 with the Prosport ever again

Pete
    Whilst waiting for my wife in town today I was flicking through Gun Mart and came across a lovely long feature on the HW35 by Bruce Potts. It went into some of the history, different versions, aftermarket tuning parts etc. And concluded that it's the only springer a man needs.

I agree.

Yeah that jet propelled Messerschmitt was was just form and function.

Only kidding mate. For what its worth, that walnut BSA Airsporter carbine of yours is truly a piece of elegant beauty. And its for that reason I will make you an offer you can't refuse for it one day.
    Do what! the bloody thing kept crashing or was that the Horten HO229 I'm thinking of

And don't even think about offering to swap a Weihrauch for my beloved Airsporter

Pete

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Pete
    Sorry to tell you Pete but the Prosport has a Weihrauch trigger in the form of its bastard son, the CD unit. The HW35 has crept inside and is wearing the Prosport LIKE A GLOVE. LIKE A GLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor old Pete will be having nightmares now!

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post

:: mutter mutter ::