Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I've just worked out that the boinger bash is a......

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The HW35 has crept inside and is wearing the Prosport LIKE A GLOVE. LIKE A GLOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    What the hell are you on about, they couldn't be more different.

Hang on I've just realised, you've been "got at" by Tony.

This is like "the invasion of the body snatchers"

I'm staying down South, it seems all you Northerners are losing it (or may be it's because you're closer to Germany)

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    No problem at all, Derek; I'd welcome some help.

Forget the charm and the Brut matey. Once you've got the long locks (a wig will fool them) you'll be fighting them off. And the chicks buy the drinks, too!!
    Hey, the wig no problem as I still have one from my DuranDuran tribute days. Brut...thing is it is my calling card to the little lovelies..y'know they smell me before they see me, but I''m happy to switch to Paco Rabanne if you think it'll increase my sales prowess? Now the drinks is the best bit of all as they're pay so you say ; In that case I'll ditch the Strongbow and start sipping Pina Colada with an umbrella naturally, I'll knock em bandy ha! I can already feel the seductive old rogue in me returning from the deep 1970's slumber.

Yeah man. Lets do it!!

Looking forward to me company Duke do I get to choose the colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I'm not there so it's with some relief I won't be using my Diana Airking "Bullworker" Mick !

Hi John

The problem with the 52s and 54s is that they come into the UK with a FAC mainspring fitted and they power is reduced below 12ftlbs by using a restrictor in the transfer port.

So effectively you're cocking a FAC Spring to get 12ftlbs --- ripping the restrictor out and shortening the spring makes for a much easier cocking gun at 12.

All the best Mick

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi John

The problem with the 52s and 54s is that they come into the UK with a FAC mainspring fitted and they power is reduced below 12ftlbs by using a restrictor in the transfer port.

So effectively you're cocking a FAC Spring to get 12ftlbs --- ripping the restrictor out and shortening the spring makes for a much easier cocking gun at 12.

All the best Mick
    What's the best way to take the restrictor out Mick?
    Good deals with these members

I'd love to have a go on your lovely little Mohawk please, Uncle Mick.

Could you prime it for me though?
    You know how the bash works, Tone --- my guns are your guns.

The Mohawk really isn't that hard to cock when you get the knack of it --- I sat there all day plinking with it at the AirArms Bash no problem at all.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    What's the best way to take the restrictor out Mick?
    I did try taking one out from the front but failed, so I ended up pushing the restrictor and breech seal out from the rear which is no big problem as you need to pull the trigger block out in order to change the spring anyway.

It was worth stripping this then new gun right down anyway as it was bone dry and had no top hat in it so I sorted that lot out while I was in there.

From memory I destroyed the breech seal getting the restrictor out, so it's worth buying a spare before you start.

Also from memory I think I fitted a Weihrauch 95 spring after removing the restrictor --- I should really keep notes.

All the best Mick

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I did try taking one out from the front but failed, so I ended up pushing the restrictor and breech seal out from the rear which is no big problem as you need to pull the trigger block out in order to change the spring anyway.

It was worth stripping this then new gun right down anyway as it was bone dry and had no top hat in it so I sorted that lot out while I was in there.

From memory I destroyed the breech seal getting the restrictor out, so it's worth buying a spare before you start.

Also from memory I think I fitted a Weihrauch 95 spring after removing the restrictor --- I should really keep notes.

All the best Mick
    Thanks
    I may pick up one of Nicks kits (the one with the spring) and a breech seal before I jump in there then. Waiting on a moddy for it at the moment, and fitted one of Nicks sling studs the other day - looking forward to shooting it off a 'pod!
    Good deals with these members

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Hi John

All the best Mick
    Sokay Mick, I've had it "fettled" and now its beautiful !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Sokay Mick, I've had it "fettled" and now its beautiful !
    With talk like that, John --- you'll soon be on BarryG's Christmas card list.

Quote Originally Posted by derekj View Post
    Hey, the wig no problem as I still have one from my DuranDuran tribute days. Brut...thing is it is my calling card to the little lovelies..y'know they smell me before they see me, but I''m happy to switch to Paco Rabanne if you think it'll increase my sales prowess? Now the drinks is the best bit of all as they're pay so you say ; In that case I'll ditch the Strongbow and start sipping Pina Colada with an umbrella naturally, I'll knock em bandy ha! I can already feel the seductive old rogue in me returning from the deep 1970's slumber.

Yeah man. Lets do it!!

Looking forward to me company Duke do I get to choose the colour?
    You can have a Red one, Derek.

Or a Red one.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

You know how the bash works, Tone --- my guns are your guns.

The Mohawk really isn't that hard to cock when you get the knack of it --- I sat there all day plinking with it at the AirArms Bash no problem at all.

All the best Mick
    Aww, thanks Mick.

Love you xxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Aww, thanks Mick.

Love you xxx
    He probably had his dogsbody (Captain Bongo) charging it for him all day long.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    He probably had his dogsbody (Captain Bongo) charging it for him all day long.
    Ooh, imagine the bronzed, chiselled form of a rippling Mr Bongo force feeding the recalcritant SSP its life-juice, wiping the drops of sweat from his forehead with his arm in a Diet Coke ad stylee with all the girlies going gaga!

Or, maybe........

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Ooh, imagine the bronzed, chiselled form of a rippling Mr Bongo force feeding the recalcritant SSP its life-juice, wiping the drops of sweat from his forehead with his arm in a Diet Coke ad stylee with all the girlies going gaga!

Or, maybe........
    You sure you ain't gay Tony

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    You sure you ain't gay Tony

Pete
    Have you ever cast eyes on the Bongomeister, Pete?