Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help needed - Best Regulator for AA S410

Help needed - Best Regulator for AA S410

Hi all,

Haven't been on for a while but you guys have always helped before. I am bored with y my power curve and want to fit a regulator to my S410. Ben Taylor's work seems highly regarded but can't seem to find him on any forums lately, what's the best regulator and if there's no drilling, where can I buy one? If it needs drilling. Where near norwich or Southampton dan I take it please?
    Mark

The HuMa Air Arms S4*0/S510/HFT500 regulator has been developed for the Air Arms S400, S410, S510, TDR, Ultimate Sporter and HFT500. They fit inside the air cylinder and involve drilling a small vent hole in the cylinder. They can be DIY fitted or they can be professionally fitted.

Or try airtech , Ratworks , and have a look on the AA forum

ben Taylor has retired I'm sure.

If you're going to regulate an Air Arms then you've got to do it right so you've got the best out of it or not bother. That means spending a fair bit of your time setting everything up bob on or spending a fair bit of money for someone else to do it. Robert Lane has a separate download document for just Air Arms regulators on his site. Worth reading as it would apply to any make being fitted...He reckons he'd charge £195 just to set it up.
    http:// http://laneregulators.com/sh...uals-downloads

Buy one from Rob Lane, easy to fit yourself.

after sales service is superb.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

secretagentmole Guest

To anybody considering a Rob Lane regulator!

Hello, I am not sure if this is of many help but I have 2 S200's and not wanting to drill any holes I fitted an Huma External regulator. It works very well and really is not That expensive. Perhaps worth an enquiry to Huma.
    ATB.
    Geoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff555 View Post
    Hello, I am not sure if this is of many help but I have 2 S200's and not wanting to drill any holes I fitted an Huma External regulator. It works very well and really is not That expensive. Perhaps worth an enquiry to Huma.
    ATB.
    Geoff.
    You can't fit an external reg to a 4***/5*** rifle just to a 200

I've just fitted an Altaros reg to my S400. Very easy indeed. There's no drilling involved and fitting it only took a couple of minutes. Mine produces an impressively consistent output - currently set at 100 bar - and I don't see how any regulator could do better. But it's not just the regulator itself - as far as I know, they all work the same way, and they all work as well as each other - it's all the mods and adjustments you make when you're installing it that make the big difference. The best I can get from my very basic installation is 70 regulated shots from 200 bar, then the power drops like a stone. To get much better, whatever reg you use, I think you would be into drilling out the transfer port and doing all the things Robert Lane talks about in his Air Arms instructions.

The big question is why reg an S410 at all? I did it for fun - I like experimenting. But assuming it's the rifle length cylinder, just by cleaning the hammer rail and valve stem, and fiddling a little with the pot you should be able to get around 80 shots in a 15-ish fps band and unless you shoot very long distances you're not going to notice any difference between the first shot and the last. If you want better than that, I agree with Bezzer, you've got to do the full painstaking, balls aching thing or pay someone else to do it for you.

Hope this helps.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Archer50 View Post
    I've just fitted an Altaros reg to my S400. Very easy indeed. There's no drilling involved and fitting it only took a couple of minutes. Mine produces an impressively consistent output - currently set at 100 bar - and I don't see how any regulator could do better. But it's not just the regulator itself - as far as I know, they all work the same way, and they all work as well as each other - it's all the mods and adjustments you make when you're installing it that make the big difference. The best I can get from my very basic installation is 70 regulated shots from 200 bar, then the power drops like a stone. To get much better, whatever reg you use, I think you would be into drilling out the transfer port and doing all the things Robert Lane talks about in his Air Arms instructions.

The big question is why reg an S410 at all? I did it for fun - I like experimenting. But assuming it's the rifle length cylinder, just by cleaning the hammer rail and valve stem, and fiddling a little with the pot you should be able to get around 80 shots in a 15-ish fps band and unless you shoot very long distances you're not going to notice any difference between the first shot and the last. If you want better than that, I agree with Bezzer, you've got to do the full painstaking, balls aching thing or pay someone else to do it for you.

Hope this helps.

Alan
    Is the S400 a Classic or a Carbine?

A.G

Thanks everyone, very useful!

So it's a classic 410. It has a lovely walnut left handed stock too!

Reasons I want a regulator is I notice about a 3" drop or gain at around 40/50yds from 180 to 100 bar and when both shooting quarry and also medium / long range targeting, that's just too much change for me!

Agree I probably need to clean the insides, what other recommendations would people have if I don't want to drill?
    Mark

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    If you want a good job doing try Dave at Airmasters. Did a great job on my Scorpion

Pete
    Pete

Why regulate it?

A good 'tune' or clean, polish & set-up will give good results and monies saved could buy a lot of pellets and air refills

Just my 2p worth (had a btas reg'd MPR, still got the MPR but it's not rigged anymore )

Rich.

Ps. If you need a reg. then speak to Dave Wellham (Airmasters88)

Ok so I've decided to see if I can by or borrow a chrony for under £50 (let me know if you have one you wish to sell) and I'll start with a polish and a clean this weekend. I'm then going to see what difference it makes to the power and the drop off and then see if it's worth putting a reg on.

Thanks guys
    Mark