Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why doesn't the HW35 gall ....?

Quote Originally Posted by clarky View Post
    The cocking arm on my short stocked HW30 (exposed breech block) version has a different cocking arm and does not gall ....at least not after 14 years ....why ever did they change it.
    Can you not obtain early version cocking arms.
    On closer inspection the arm does not touch the air cylinder and is thinner in section.
    Perhaps in deciding to beef the arm up a bit it now reaches the cylinder ..
    Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    I think you will find that they made a small changed to the shape of the cocking arm, why i dont know but since then they had a problem with some guns.
    Does the old '30 do the infamous "click" on cocking, Clarky?

As I understood it, they changed the design to get rid of the click (which deterred some hunters from using the '35) and engineered in a totally new set of issues.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Does the old '30 do the infamous "click" on cocking, Clarky?

As I understood it, they changed the design to get rid of the click (which deterred some hunters from using the '35) and engineered in a totally new set of issues.
    ...that is correct Tony ....its about the sound of say closing a webley stirrup pistol barrel into its latch...
    i dont know why they did it really ....its actually a very satisfying quality sort of sound...
    I suppose in the stillness of a wood critters could possibly hear it but have to be pretty close i would think ..

Yep, never bothered me "back in the day".

Apparently, some people tried lots of different "fixes" like stuffing a small piece of leather down the front stock fastening hole in the "bridge".
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by venoman View Post
    I think you will find that they made a small changed to the shape of the cocking arm, why i dont know but since then they had a problem with some guns.
    To solve the hw35 CLACK, which it did, but created a worse issue !
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34