Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw77k end block won't go back?

Hw77k end block won't go back?

Hi all. I've been enjoying getting to know my recently acquired .22 hw77k and have put a few hundred pellets through it already! However, the mechanical noise when cocking (from the spring?) has been bugging me so I decided to have a look inside before ordering a drop in kit.

There was loads of pre-load (50mm) when I took the end block off, and a ton of grease everywhere! So, I cleaned everything up and started to put things back together - and now the spring guide/end block stops just short of the threaded part of the action stopping me from screwing it back in. Anyone know what silly thing I have done wrong?! I knew it would be tricky with the amount of tension, but there is a definate stop just short of where it needs to be.

Cheers, Matt

Spring guide snagging on the piston rod?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Could be, will take the cocking arm off again and have another look. Next time I will try it before I put the lever and pin back on!

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Spring guide snagging on the piston rod?
    Exactly.

Point the business end toward the ground, apply pressure from the rear and gently try a few times to get the rest of it all lined up over the rod before applying full pressure and push it in all the way, before rotating to finish it off.

More online KarmaSutra next week...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thanks folks, definately the problem. I can wiggle it enough out of the action to get it to work but the spring is bent and I don't seem to have enough movement when it is in there.

Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post

More online KarmaSutra next week...
    Sod the on-line version, Craigy.

How about a real-like demonstration at The Hollow?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Thanks folks, definately the problem. I can wiggle it enough out of the action to get it to work but the spring is bent and I don't seem to have enough movement when it is in there.

Bah!
    Hopefully you'll be able to wiggle it enough when it's in the action, it all depends on how badly kinked the spring is.

Maybe consider a spring and guide set from V-Mach or Tinbum? The V-Mach ones are particularly easy to fit, as it's a shorter, stiffer spring and an absolute doddle.

No need to remove piston, comp tube or underlever.

Hopefully! I just want it back together to use until I get a kit.

Tbt and Vmach are my choices but still undecided which?! What is the difference between maxi and maxi-pro with Tinbum? Can't spend a fortune but would like a good improvement.

Sorry, I'm hopeless at doing links, but if you google up the Tinbum Tuning site, you'll see the differences. I seem to remember that one of them includes an extension to reduce the stroke.

Is yours a 25mm bore version? If so, I'd just go for the spring and guide kit.

I thought it was fairly new from the description before I got it, but it is an earlier model going from the serial no.

Will order a spring and guide set then thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sod the on-line version, Craigy.

How about a real-like demonstration at The Hollow?
    No chance of that after swigging some of that infamous hooch I keep hearing about
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Check for spacers in the piston , These are held in with small O ring on the piston rod bang the piston rod on a piece of wood to remove them. Weihrauch have been fitting them for a number of years now.
    .22 Venom Mach 1 (FAC) 6-25x56 Millett.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Thumbhole 6.5-20x40 Leupold EFR.
    .22 Venom Mach 2 Sporter 4-12x40 Leupold.
    .177 Venom Vantage 4-16x50.
    .177 Venom Daystate 8-32x56 AGS.
    .22 Venom Datstate 4-16x56 AGS.
    .22 Webley Venom FX2000 6-18x40 Busnel Legend.
    .177 Titan MPT by Steve Pope 6-24x40 Tasco.
    .177 Pro-Sport 4-16x50.
    .22 Webley FX2000 3-9x33 Leupold EFR.
    .177 Logan Solo 4-16x50.
    .22 HW90 (spring powered) 4-16x50
    .22 Gamo Stutzen.
    .177 Walther lever action.

Good point.

Haven't managed to get it back together yet, both ends of the spring are kinked quite badly. Might try to sleeve the spring with a can later when I get some more time - got to be worth a try!

Meanwhile I've ordered a tbt kit so at least I've achieved something positive - hopefully it will arrive before all of the cherries on my trees have been pinched by jays...

The service from Mr Tinny Bum is usually lightning fast, Ron, so the kit should arrive swiftly.